Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motor repair?

Options
  • 09-07-2010 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

Probably wasting my time asking, given the throwaway nature of society, but is there anywhere that would be able to repair a small motor?

The motor is on a small electrical lawnmower, and 2 bars (out of about 20) have come off the commutator.

I can get a new motor delivered from the UK for about €80, or an similar new lawnmower for €90+. Little else to go wrong with the mower other than the motor, and checking the moulding on the skirt, it was made in 1994, so has done good service.

So, any chance I'd get the motor repaired, or not worth it for something so small? After that, get a new motor, or get a new lawnmower?

Comments

Advertisement