Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

High End Wireless Keyboard/Mouse

• 09-07-2010 2:01pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok ladies and gentlemen, your task today, should you choose to take it..

Help me find a new wireless keyboard/Mouse that can be used in one of our larger meeting rooms here..

Requirements:
    • Wireless (obviously)
    • Sturdy as its going to be moved around a lot and probably dropped
    • Had a decent range, can be up to 8-10 meters from wireless receiver
    • Rechargeable
    • Integrated laser pointer on mouse if possible
    • Looks good (to impress any visitors :rolleyes:)

I have tried standard wireless ones but none have lasted too long, usually meeting their demise by being dropped and having something spilled on them.
    The bluetooth ones range seems to be limited and anyone blocks their line of sight to the receiver they stop working..

They arent overly worried on price, but has to be someway realistic..

I was looking at this as a start -

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/Presenter/productdetails.aspx?pid=085 but its a travel one and I'd prefer a full size one..

Any suggestions? Do your worst.. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Logitech is probably your best bet, we have a few of them in work and they are fine. The newer ones have a unified receiver so keyboard and mouse work of the same usb dongle which creates less clutter. See here

If you want to all out then check out the Logitech DiNovo

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Logitech is probably your best bet, we have a few of them in work and they are fine. The newer ones have a unified receiver so keyboard and mouse work of the same usb dongle which creates less clutter. See here

If you want to all out then check out the Logitech DiNovo

Yeah I think you may be right, nothing else on the market seems to match what they have to offer.

The DiNovo is a nice little unit, so I may go with that and possible the air mouse that they also have as its handy when a keyboard is not required.. just for slide presentations etc..

Tox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

It's not very sturdy, I'd imagine the Brian from marketing would have it dropped and broken in about 2 weeks, I had it's predecessor and it was bluetooth which can be flaky with windows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

I have a Logitech MX1000 I have had it for a long time and it regularly bounces off the floor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

It ain't pretty and it does not have wireless, but this is one of the only keyboards worth mentioning amidst a sea of mostly junk. Some of those logitech boards I identify as mere toys. You need a real keyboard...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_M_keyboard

On a more serious note, your customers might like to gawk at a recent logitech board. Anyone will do, it's not like the quality control really differs between boards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Fabritzo wrote: »
    flaky with windows.

By definition, Bluetooth is flaky with most OS's:)

Advertisement