Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clay Shooting Ireland for those outside the ICPSA ***READ MOD WARNING IN POST 30***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

While it's always good to see more people shooting, my first thought was "YAFN"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Irish Springer

Did u see the price?? €20 for a 50bird FLAPPER! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

YAFN?

Yet Another F..... N......?:confused:

Yet Another NGB.

The F comes in after you try to create a diagram to show all of them so as to simplify things for people trying to figure out who is who in the alphabet soup:

ShootingAssociations2009.png

(And that one's not even full and complete)

Should it not be YAFNGB then, so?:rolleyes::D (Pedantic Pat, Pedantic Pat and his black and white seychellois-patterned bicolor felis domesticus....la, la, la)
    Jeez, we'll soon have an NGB / Shooting Organisation for each and every calibre:

The NTTSA
    The TOERAI

etc etc
    National Two Two Shooting Association
    Three O Eight Rifle Association of Ireland

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

dCorbus wrote: »
    Should it not be YAFNGB then, so?:rolleyes::D
    Well, the point of an acronym is to be short :D
    Jeez, we'll soon have an NGB / Shooting Organisation for each and every calibre:
    Don't be silly. For years we only had one or two calibres and a dozen NGBs, one for each calibre and how that calibre was used... so we'll have more than one NGB/SO for every calibre :D

Silly, moi?
    Never!:p

How about a new umbrella organisation: OSSIFIED
    The Overall Shooting Sports Integrated Federation of Irish Expert Disciplines

Why not the General Overall Board of Shooting and Hunting Including Those Elite Shooters?

Don't we have enough organisations by that name already?:rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

Sparks,

Your Diagram is sooooooo last year (possibly even 4 years ago).

Well past it's best before date.

B'Man

• Advertisement

Well, chunks of it are B'man, but that's why it's dated 2009. I'll get round to updating it one of these days, when I've got time to spare. But post up whatever you see wrong with it here if you like and I'll roll those changes in. It'd be nice to have an accurate roadmap, even if it is depressingly complicated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

these are the same fine bunch that have the icpsa in the courts ,over various individual reasons .

they are banned by the icpsa and all the cpsa around the world .

if you support these shoots your putting money into there pockets to try ruin the icpsa .

club flappers are one thing ,this is another .

P.S. any one can shoot the icpsa shoots on day insurance " up to 3 times "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Ah the good ole Irish split :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

A good turn out with most lads wearing ICPSA badges, Looks like its backed by CAI and CPSA by the looks of it.

Not into politics of it but do feel unless you are very good ICPSA isnt for you, €130 to join etc etc,

CAI are certainly giving NARGC a run for their money looks like they are tackling the ICPSA as well.

BTW 15 for 50 birds if you just wanted to shoot for score.

A good turn out with most lads wearing ICPSA badges, Looks like its backed by CAI and CPSA by the looks of it.

Not into politics of it but do feel unless you are very good ICPSA isnt for you, €130 to join etc etc,

CAI are certainly giving NARGC a run for their money looks like they are tackling the ICPSA as well.

BTW 15 for 50 birds if you just wanted to shoot for score.

130 euro to join a flapper club . for some one thats not into politics ,you mite want to edit the middle of your post .

you can shoot flappers all your life , only when you put on the green blazer do you feel pride in the sport

jwshooter wrote: »
    these are the same fine bunch that have the icpsa in the courts ,over various individual reasons .
    So Clay Sports Ireland are the old board of the Leinster CPSA?

Sparks wrote: »
    So Clay Sports Ireland are the old board of the Leinster CPSA?

i dont take you for a muppet in your sport ,so dont take me for one .you are well aware of whats going on .

you are well aware of whats going on

Some of us aren't TBH, jw. Care to explain?
    only when you put on the green blazer do you feel pride in the sport

Have to disagree with you there, jw
    If that was the case, only the elect and chosen few would feel pride in their sport - So is that to say, that up and until you wore the green, you felt no pride in your sport?

I take it that that is not what you meant? But if I'm reading you correctly, I have to say that's a pretty strange and TBH very elitist statement to make.

I'm off now to have no pride in my sport, until I can be deemed to be eligible to don the emerald cloak and bring glory to our sainted isle.:D:rolleyes:

Some of us aren't TBH, jw. Care to explain?

Have to disagree with you there, jw
    If that was the case, only the elect and chosen few would feel pride in their sport - So is that to say, that up and until you wore the green, you felt no pride in your sport?

I take it that that is not what you meant? But if I'm reading you correctly, I have to say that's a pretty strange and TBH very elitist statement to make.

I'm off now to have no pride in my sport, until I can be deemed to be eligible to don the emerald cloak and bring glory to our sainted isle.:D:rolleyes:

do you shoot for a club ?

do you shoot for a club ?

No, I shoot for me!:D:rolleyes:

But seriously, yes, when I'm at a competition or other shooting event, I do feel that (in some small way) I'm representing my club(s) - Unless of course, I'm actually representing my club, and then I'm representing my club.

Why do you ask?:confused:

• Advertisement

No, I shoot for me!:D:rolleyes:

But seriously, yes, when I'm at a competition or other shooting event, I do feel that (in some small way) I'm representing my club(s) - Unless of course, I'm actually representing my club, and then I'm representing my club.

Why do you ask?:confused:

well dont lecture me about some thing you know fu@K all about .

Sorry, jw, but....

Firstly, I asked you nicely if you'd care to explain what you where posting in reference to sparks posts. If you're not happy to share this with the rest of us, why bring up matters that some of us know nothing about (as admitted) and then when you're asked to clarify what you're talking about, you seem to think someone is lecturing you.

You still haven't explained what it is you are posting about - and you seem to think that we all know what it is you mean - If we cannot have an explanation, fair enough. This is obviously top secret information.

Secondly, you still haven't clarified what was meant by the "wearing of the green blazer" and why no-one should be proud of their sport until then? Which frankly makes no sense to me - but maybe I'm misreading your post.
    well dont lecture me about some thing you know fu@K all about

And WTF kind of response is that to my previous posts? Have some f'in manners, please - and a bit of respect for your fellow posters!:(

Sorry, jw, but....

Firstly, I asked you nicely if you'd care to explain what you where posting in reference to sparks posts. If you're not happy to share this with the rest of us, why bring up matters that some of us know nothing about (as admitted) and then when you're asked to clarify what you're talking about, you seem to think someone is lecturing you.

You still haven't explained what it is you are posting about - and you seem to think that we all know what it is you mean - If we cannot have an explanation, fair enough. This is obviously top secret information.

Secondly, you still haven't clarified what was meant by the "wearing of the green blazer" and why no-one should be proud of their sport until then? Which frankly makes no sense to me - but maybe I'm misreading your post.

And WTF kind of response is that to my previous posts? Have some f'in manners, please - and a bit of respect for your fellow posters!:(

the icpsa have been in the courts with these people this few years , costing lots ,why support them .
    you can bang away, win every flapper in north county dublin ,you will never represent your country out of them .

why join some thing thats going no where and supporting the down fall of competition shooting in ireland

Still very :confused:

I'm bowing out now.
    Thanks jw, but I think we're at cross-purposes here.
    So dC out.

:)

jwshooter wrote: »
    i dont take you for a muppet in your sport ,so dont take me for one .you are well aware of whats going on .
    Actually, I'm not. I've not been on the NTSA committee for quite a while now, and so haven't kept in touch with the ICPSA committee for quite a while either. I know of the fun and games with the ICPSA/LCPSA issue and with a few other issues with other parties as well, but none of that is current.

PS. Please re-read that bit at the start of the charter about being civil.

edit: jw given a week off for ignoring the civility rule to other posters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 TellinDeTruth

Been watching and had to comment.
    I know JWS and he is one of the top shooters in the country and is a bit close to the story so he cannot be blamed for being passionate?
    He knows the damage these people have tried to do to the ICPSA over the last 5 years and he loves his sport so in turn feels strongly about what is going on.
    Maybe if everyone knew what these people tried and still try to do things might be clearer.
    They tried to take over the ICPSA through LCPSA and lost. They tried to take over the ICPSA at AGM and lost. They tried the high court and lost. The tried politicians and lost. So will they be more succesful this time?
    BTW from what I hear the people involved in this new group all appear to be banned from the ICPSA for different things.
    They are not the LCPSA and have not been involved in the LCPSA since they were thrown out by the members 4 years ago at an EGM.
    Surprise to hear that the English CPSA are involved. Not surprised to hear that CA involved. Perhaps the new organisation will be putting the union jack in their emblem? We Irish have a long history of calling in England when we do not get our way with our stronger neighbours...
    €20 for 50 birds is the same price as for an ICPSA event in sporting but without the chance of a class prize though as flappers only reward the top guys. €20 is a lot more than in trap ICPSA shoots. So what is the point?
    The ICPSA has over 1000 members so it is hardly elitist and a look at the results on the web site will show that the events have people from AA to C shooting every weekend.
    The world fitasc is in Italy this week. There is an Ireland Team but also lots of individual ICPSA members. Moral? ICPSA members do it for the sport.
    JWS is a past international shooter and he knows what it feels like to pull on the green vest.
    Lots of ICPSA members get to do the same every year. Good for them. A lot more do not and still go to ICPSA shoots week in and week out. Moral?
    It would not be a surprise to hear that ICPSA members were at yesterdays shoot. They will be taking the lions share at next weeks NARGC shoot too. What does that tell us? The ICPSA has the best shooters? The ICPSA is the top body?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Yet more playground stuff :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Looks like we're heading into territory specifically prohibited by the site owners.
    Thread closed pending review.

I know JWS and he is one of the top shooters in the country and is a bit close to the story so he cannot be blamed for being passionate?
    Passion for your sport is fine; breaking the number one rule on the forum charter (ie. "Be Civil to one another") is not. For the record, that's the sole reason jw's taking a few days off from the forum - he's free to post in here again after that. This topic is not banned, and having had a chat about it to figure out an approach, we're going to reopen the thread now, but with the following caveats:
    1. Be civil to one another.
    2. Don't defame anyone.
    3. This thread is for shooters to discuss things, not for inter-NGB warfare. Rovi's point on DeVore's Rule applies solidly to NGBs, it's only shooters who get leeway here.

We're not kidding about this one folks; there's an ongoing High Court case involved here (unless it's ended, last I reliably heard of it was a year ago at which time it was still ongoing sporadically) for a start, and lots of acrimony as well. We're here for ordinary shooters to discuss it, not to provide a platform for people to get a few cheap shots in. And while NGBs don't make policy decisions based on boards.ie threads, they do tend to notice the general feedback in here from time to time, and that usually leads to good things for shooters on the line. So be constructive...

• Advertisement

Moving thread out of Target Shooting to comply with the no-politics rule.

Advertisement