Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed.

Options
  • 09-07-2010 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hello all,

Again, I hope this is in the right section.

So I've been unemployed over a year now. I am a fourth year and need 6 months work to finish out my apprenticeship. And when I went to enquire about the ESB taking on redundant apprentices I have found out that my fas coordinator never put me down as redundant despite me talking to him about the matter on multiple occasions.

So now it means instead of already finishing my apprenticeship or at least been on the top of the list for the ESB placement scheme, I am at the bottom as I was just put on the redundant list a few days ago.

All my coordinator said is that he will take a special interest in my case from now on. I was so shocked I just said ok, thank you and good bye.

But now after it sinking in, I am completely infuriated with the prospect. But I am unsure what do to.

If I ring him and complain that this is all his fault, he could just not bother with my case at all. Unsure what other actions I could take.

Hope ya can advise me. The ESB already have their quota for July and the prospects of waiting another year is killing me.

Cheers.
    SteveDM

Advertisement