Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pregnancy and 12 week blow dry

• 09-07-2010 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

I hear so many different things. Does anyone know if it is safe to get your hair dyed during pregancy and also the 12 week blow dry?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Yes, but semi permanent dyes rather then permanent are recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭jamboambo1

Do you know if the 12 week blow dry is safe also?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

no idea what they are:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I belive a blow dry is perfectly safe in pregnancy! Its not really any different to using a hair drier at home!

If your salon uses massage chairs when hair washing, I would just ask that it be switched off. Other than that you should be fine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I think (but not 100% sure) that the 12 week blow dry is actually a chemical straightening of the hair ( like a perm in reverse). If you're thinking of getting it done, I would ask the salon the exact names of the chemicals in the straightening fluids and look these up and there are bound to be chemical data sheets showing their status for use while pregnant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

i'd imagine the 12 week blow dry would be a waste of money if you are pg. your hair grows so fast. I know mine grew and grew when i was pg.

Advertisement