Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I take legal action against o2?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Bosshogg wrote: »
    I'm sorry... Where does it clearly state the charges since you're so clever and directing everything at me and presuming what I will write next? If they can send him a **** welcome message everytime he enters a new country why not add in some useful information about pricing. Where is it flashing on his phone "If you use this phone in the UK to look up the weather and few soccer results we are going to shaft your pay packet"?

You might not work for O2 but you certainly are among the arogant few that my dear ol' grandad would describe with "ya see these fellas?.. they think the know it all,.. they think they know it all.... but they know f*all!"
    Ahh I do miss him for his kind appreciation of the youth today.:rolleyes:

You don't have to wonder when I'll turn up. I'll be here until the government caps the comms for the benefit of the stupid.

fixed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Bosshogg

fixed
    is that for the benefit of the cast in your Youtube link?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

I'm sorry... Where does it clearly state the charges since you're so clever and directing everything at me and presuming what I will write next? If they can send him a **** welcome message everytime he enters a new country why not add in some useful information about pricing. Where is it flashing on his phone "If you use this phone in the UK to look up the weather and few soccer results we are going to shaft your pay packet"?

I never said it clearly pointed out the actual pricing, but the very fact that it warns you that you will face SUBSTANTIAL charges for using data .. is more than enough for anyone with a bit of cop on to check out the rates before using them.

When I get in my car on a wet morning the dash does not warn me that driving in a quick way will increase my chance of an accident, therefore should I be entitled to sue BMW if I have an accident.

Anyone who has a contract iphone in the eyes of the law is capable of making rational decisions ... factoring for stupidity the iphone by default will not allow you to actually Data Roam, only the user can activate that feature subsequent to reading a pretty conclusive warning about the charges
    You might not work for O2 but you certainly are among the arogant few that my dear ol' grandad would describe with "ya see these fellas?.. they think the know it all,.. they think they know it all.... but they know f*all!"
    Ahh I do miss him for his kind appreciation of the youth today.:rolleyes:

You don't have to wonder when I'll turn up. I'll be here until the government caps the comms for the benefit of the people.

data roaming caps are now in place, this will save those who do something silly.

But for those who rack up massive bills on domestic date due to idiotic behavior only have them selves to blame.

As for you granda's saying, where do you get the notion that i am one of the 'youth of today' .. far from it ....

I think you are still in phase two of the consumer remorse

is that for the benefit of the cast in your Youtube link?

What?

What?

I was thinking the same myself

• Advertisement

whippet wrote: »
    When I get in my car on a wet morning the dash does not warn me that driving in a quick way will increase my chance of an accident, therefore should I be entitled to sue BMW if I have an accident.
    WTF are you going on about now? People are getting ripped off from their wages that they need for living and for paying their bills and here you are spouting out nonsense analogies to what end? To win an argument? To try and sound clever to yourself? To kick a fella when he's down? The OP and 1000s of others are still getting ripped off by O2 on a daily basis. You self righteous clowns come on here mouthing off at the victimised and patting yourselves on the back thanking each other showing how clever you are that you "know" about the charges. Well why don't you do something with the modicum of knowledge you've been blessed with and actually tell others before they get stung. Highlight the perils of dealing with O2. And what's worse is I know for a fact due to your own admissions that some of you are hypocrits that were once stung yourselves and that's how you got to know.

When someone gets caught out by O2 they are not stupid, they just weren't aware until it was too late. A phone on the surface seems like a harmless gadget and that's how most people approach it. O2 makes no genuine effort to make people aware of the pricing, in fact they do the opposite yet you have the insensitive arrogance to write that the iPhone factors in for "stupidity". Shame on you. More so that you claim to be older and therefore should be wiser but...
    But for those who rack up massive bills on domestic date due to idiotic behavior only have them selves to blame.
    And who would you be to judge any one person let alone all of us?

I think you are still in phase two of the consumer remorse
    I don't know what fool came up with that 5 point system that you're refering to but the fact that you are following it is certainly saying something about you. If you haven't the sense to see my angle on all this after this length of time then consider trying to teach someone and then consider the word stupid and then take a look at yourself in the mirror.
    What?
    I was thinking the same myself
    Oh look the Queens of smart remarks and "LOL"s can't figure that out? So very smart really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

I don't know why you are on a vendetta against O2 but all the mobile carriers are exactly the same

ok Bosshogg .. I realize that you are still hurting from your O2 bill and will probably never look at it rationally.

Anyone that ignores a message that warns of SUBSTANTIAL charges is asking for trouble and really has to accept the consequences.

There really isn't any more that they can do, The fact that the customer has to actually turn on the setting along with the quite definitive warning of SUBSTANTIAL charges is more than enough as far as i am concerned.

When I went abroad with my iPhone for the first time, I saw this warning and contacted O2. When they gave the the price and the option of a DAta Roaming bundle I declined as I wasn't going to need that much data and would have access to WiFi. I didn't turn data roaming on.

The next time I went abroad I called O2 and added a Data Roaming package.

I did the rational thing, others obviously are not.

Understandable that you have a gripe and total bias against O2 due to a bill you received and your own lack of research, but it is getting tiresome seeing you jump on board every single thread mentioning O2 and trying to push your own agenda.

Also, please try and not throwing personal insults and accusations, it really is childish, try stick to facts.

Dermo wrote: »
    I don't know why you are on a vendetta against O2 but all the mobile carriers are exactly the same
    Funny I hardly ever see VF, 3, Meteor getting their name thrashed on here by people but time and time again it's O2 feeling the hatred.
    I realize that you are still hurting from your O2 bill and will probably never look at it rationally.
    , try stick to facts.
    What a clown!!! Seriously!!! Where do you get your ideas from? Who the hell are you to suggest what's bothering me? What are you now?.. an internet psychic? Again someone else's thread gets directed at me so why are you posting? Looking for arguments? I sympathise with the OP while you patronize him. Do you lose your sense of decency when you go play on the internet?

ok Bosshogg .. I realize that you are still hurting from your O2 bill and will probably never look at it rationally.
    Also, please try and not throwing personal insults and accusations, it really is childish, try stick to facts.
    So if I twist my words and try to put someone down that's acceptable, maybe "rational" is a word you would like to use? <-- See that? See how it works? It's very sly.
    You aim to suggest that I, and others that that don't concur with your small minded way of thinking are not rational. That's an indirect insult.
    You aim to suggest that I am childish and yet the point of it is to try and put me down.
    You aim to suggest that I am deceptive based on what facts? ...and without facts it is you that is trying to decieve.
    You call people silly, stupid, and irrational and you're the professor of what now?

I don't talk through my teeth. I say it straight. You might not like what I say or how I say it but don't call me a liar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Funny I hardly ever see VF, 3, Meteor getting their name thrashed on here by people but time and time again it's O2 feeling the hatred.

It's o2 because they had exclusivity with the iPhone which is what brought on a lot of stupid people using data roaming. The vodafone boards now have loads of complaints on them about people getting ridiculous bills. One thing I like about o2 is that I have seen a number of people get their bill reduced via the official forums. I have had nothing but good experiences with o2 when I am calm and rational unlike with meteor who just ignore you and twist your words from my experience.

Yes the data roaming charges are ridiculous and pisses me off all of the time but it's across the board, not just o2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Anyone that ignores a message that warns of SUBSTANTIAL charges is asking for trouble and really has to accept the consequences.

There really isn't any more that they can do, The fact that the customer has to actually turn on the setting along with the quite definitive warning of SUBSTANTIAL charges is more than enough as far as i am concerned.

When I went abroad with my iPhone for the first time, I saw this warning and contacted O2. When they gave the the price and the option of a DAta Roaming bundle I declined as I wasn't going to need that much data and would have access to WiFi. I didn't turn data roaming on.

Agreed, the problem is not the phone carriers, its the "ah it'll be alright" attitude of people when they switch on the data roaming option. It's not just O2, my mate came back from 2 weeks in Scotland and had a huge bill from Vodafone, except unlike some people on the forum he didn't try and pass the buck to Vodafone, he just got annoyed at himself and accepted that he was an idiot for ignoring the warning. I also have another mate who racked up €300 of data charges on Meteor whilst in Ireland watching videos, so this "its only O2" argument is total bullshít.

Some people see this data roaming option on their phone when abroad and say "ah the price can't be THAT bad", then they get their bill and see that in fact it was quite pricey and try and put the blame on anybody they can except themselves.

O2 (and as Dermo said, I'm not sure how this has gone down an O2 road, as it really is every network) cannot be expected to literally hold your hand every time you pick up a phone and use it. Anyone who is oblivious to roaming charges really has no excuse. It's a common known fact that roaming is expensive.

Yet more immature personal insults ....

The rambling, ranting nature off your post are like a terrorist attack on the brain .....

Bye bye and good luck with you one man crusade against O2

Oh look the Queens of smart remarks and "LOL"s can't figure that out? So very smart really.

You think i'm giving you sh1t to impress people in my videos?
    You are the type of person that ruins everything they touch, most people play by the rules and get on fine, why can't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Bosshogg and Fighting Irish

I will ban the next person to continue this argument.

Bosshogg, please stick to the topic when you post. The cost of extra services from o2 has nothing to do with this thread. The OP was asking about leaving o2. Please do not continue grinding your axe against o2.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

If they can send him a **** welcome message everytime he enters a new country why not add in some useful information about pricing. Where is it flashing on his phone "If you use this phone in the UK to look up the weather and few soccer results we are going to shaft your pay packet"?/[?QUOTE]

This a a message you get from O2 every time you got to the UK, as well as two other messages advising call cost and how to top up abroad.

Time some people grew a set and grew up and stop expecting others to hold you hand and take you through a contract word for word every time you use your phone.. it's not like bill phones have just been invented !!!!

"Using your Mobile Internet abroad costs EUR 4.95 per MB in KB increments. One page download cost a average of 24c. MMS is 25c Inc Vat. see o2.ie/travel. From o2"

dudara wrote: »
    Bosshogg and Fighting Irish

I will ban the next person to continue this argument.

Bosshogg, please stick to the topic when you post. The cost of extra services from o2 has nothing to do with this thread. The OP was asking about leaving o2. Please do not continue grinding your axe against o2.

dudara

boards.ie now ye're talkin'

Advertisement