Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruby on Rails

Options
  • 09-07-2010 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Not so much looking for certification but does anyone know of any training company that offers RoR training in Dublin?

Might just be worth getting some books and self-studying but people at work are looking into it too.

Sorry if it's the wrong forum.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭seventyeight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

I'm not a programmer by trade, but happened to have to learn a rapid development programming language for a particular customer who had brought our product. I would use quite a bit of C as part of my job, but none of the newer languages.

I found this site/ebook to be fantastic. It is the weirdest reference/tutorial I have seen, but I found it inspired. It covers Ruby, as opposed to the "On rails" aspect.

Why's (Poignant) Guide To Ruby/poignant-guide/

May be of no use to you, but it introduced new concepts to me in a way that no lofty reilly publication could.

Sergeant wrote: »
    I'm not a programmer by trade, but happened to have to learn a rapid development programming language for a particular customer who had brought our product. I would use quite a bit of C as part of my job, but none of the newer languages.

I found this site/ebook to be fantastic. It is the weirdest reference/tutorial I have seen, but I found it inspired. It covers Ruby, as opposed to the "On rails" aspect.

Why's (Poignant) Guide To Ruby/poignant-guide/

May be of no use to you, but it introduced new concepts to me in a way that no lofty reilly publication could.

that's deadly, thanks dude!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 irishrails

Hi All,

In response to 78 -Hope you had luck with the resources posted, the pragmatic books are excellent. If you are interested we are thinking of running a Ruby Rails Training weekend in the Autumn in Dublin. Just trying to gauge if this would be something of interest? We're a rails firm that offer rails consulting to U.S and off-shore companies from Ireland. best of luck

B

• Advertisement

irishrails wrote: »
    Hi All,

In response to 78 -Hope you had luck with the resources posted, the pragmatic books are excellent. If you are interested we are thinking of running a Ruby Rails Training weekend in the Autumn in Dublin. Just trying to gauge if this would be something of interest? We're a rails firm that offer rails consulting to U.S and off-shore companies from Ireland. best of luck

B

Hey, thanks for the response. Yeah, I've been using the Pragmatic books for a bit now. I'd be interested in hearing more about the training.

Cheers,

Advertisement