Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New RSA ad

• 09-07-2010 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Just seen the new RSA "watch out for bikes" ad on tv over the past couple of days.

Its quite well done especially for the RSA but its quite obvious that the audio and video tracks were done by completely different people with no knowledge of either. The first part with the helmets being taken off makes no sense.

The second part is bang on and I'd like to see more of them like that.

I haven't got a link to it unfortunately.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Just seen this last night. The wife was wondering why i was flipping out watching the ad?! The second part is 100% accurate,the guy coming out of the side road with undue care and attention. The amount of near misses i've had because some goon is on his/her phone whilst exiting an estate/minor road is unreal.

I hope this ad flags the issue to at least some of the motorists watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

They've done a great job with their roundabout and motorway ads. The signaling on roundabouts and the correct use of the overtaking lane shows how much attention Irish drivers pay to them. But I suppose as Tesco says "Every little helps"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Are those new, I'm sure they were run before.

There ok, I don't know if people pay attention to them.
    Apparently now that they have the car deaths down there going to considerate on bikes for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭chasm

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Are those new, I'm sure they were run before.

There ok, I don't know if people pay attention to them.
    Apparently now that they have the car deaths down there going to considerate on bikes for a while.

Yeah if they are the ads that ive seen on tv in the last couple of days i think they have been shown before because i remember coming on here moaning about how the RSA were being sexist by implying that all bikers are men!! I like the uk "think biker" advert, at least they acknowledge us lady bikers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Rojo25

Driving a bike makes you realise how many morons are on the road driving cars, the sheer amount of accidents Ive nearly had because of careless drivers or drivers who cant drive cars!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Chaos Marine

Anyone have links to these ads on youtube? I don't have a TV (Don't want one either) and I'd be interested in seeing what they're like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 patrick the king 1

This rsa ad realy annoys me, it ****ing stupid, i drive a car and people on motor bikes are allways flying up behind you and driving where they are not suppose to drive, skipping traffic etc. IF you ask me it is them that need to be more carefull not us car drivers. They dont even tell the people on the motor bike's to drive carefully. ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭chasm

This rsa ad realy annoys me, it ****ing stupid, i drive a car and people on motor bikes are allways flying up behind you and driving where they are not suppose to drive, skipping traffic etc. IF you ask me it is them that need to be more carefull not us car drivers. They dont even tell the people on the motor bike's to drive carefully. ****.

Well next time you see the advert on the TV may i suggest you actually pay attention to what it is telling you - most accidents involving motorcycles are caused by drivers. Am surprised you dragged up such an old thread for a lousy troll tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

WTF are you on about....

Like car drivers dont tailgate and drive so close to the back of you its crazy, and overtake where ever it takes their fancy.

Yes, SOME bikers need to hone the skills abit when over taking but you are totally missing the overall point of the ad.

And before you ask, Yes I do drive a car and YES I do ride a motorbike. Lets get to the point that REALLY pisses you off, Us bikers able to skip the traffic really gets on your tits while you sit in your CAGE listening to classic fm. :cool: thinking about growing a pair and getting a bike coz ur missus will KILL YA!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    WTF are you on about....

Like car drivers dont tailgate and drive so close to the back of you its crazy, and overtake where ever it takes their fancy.

Yes, SOME bikers need to hone the skills abit when over taking but you are totally missing the overall point of the ad.

And before you ask, Yes I do drive a car and YES I do ride a motorbike. Lets get to the point that REALLY pisses you off, Us bikers able to skip the traffice really gets on your tits while you sit in your CAGE listening to classic fm. :cool:

Heeeyyyy what's wrong with Classic Fm?? What other radio station plays Sonny Knowles every morning???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

.. What time is it... Actually what year is it....

How old is this thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

If motorbikes are "flying up behind you" then you aren't using your rear view mirrors enough or checking your blind spots.

Skipping traffic is called overtaking and it's legal.

You'll also find that the majority of bikers are careful and much more aware of the traffic and road conditions, when you're life is constantly at risk from dozy road users you need to be.

Of course there are a few nut jobs, but there are loads of stupid car drivers, cyclists and pedestrians. But if a vehicle hits a pedestrian or cyclist it's nearly always blamed on the driver. If a biker is in a crash everyone assumes that the biker is at fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Flying up behind you? - try using your mirrors, they're there for a reason. All vehicles can come flying up behind you, not just bikes. If you are not prepared to be vigilant on the road and use your mirrors appropriately then get off the road. If you do not use your mirrors, you are the one that is not driving "carefully".

Driving where they're not supposed to drive? - such as?

Skipping traffic? - :pac: it's called filtering and it's not illegal. Why sit in traffic when you are riding a vehicle small enough to fit through gaps in traffic it was designed to fit through?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement