Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend some good city centre pubs

Options
  • 09-07-2010 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've a friend coming over from Poland in a week's time who loves Irish pubs in Germany and Poland. Can you recommend some good Dublin pubs where we could go for a few days? A mixture of small and cosy with trad to slightly trendier spots. All around the city centre please. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Take him to D'Olier street then go to the following;
    Mulligans - Pool Beg Street
    The Long Stone - Townshend Street
    Doyles - College Green
    Bowes - Fleet Street
    The Palace - Fleet Street (may be traditional music upstairs)
    The Morgan Hotel - Temple Bar (you say trendy I say mutton dressed up as lamb)
    The Foggy Dew - Dame Street
    Hogans - George Street
    The Long Hall - George Street
    The Stags Head - Dame Lane
    The Bank Dame Street

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Brogans on Dame St, it's a kip but it's a great kip. Good pint of Guinness.
    If you go out Georges st direction and try Long Hall, the Swan, Whelans (might have music on) Ryans, An Seo, The Bleeding Horse, The Bernard Shaw (kinda trendy) O'Connells in Portabello and the Lower Deck. (Thanks fontanalis, I robbed your idea :))
    If you go towards Parkgate street, you have Ryans and the others there, Ryans and the Dice bar on Queen street, then over to the Brazen Head, up to the Thomas House (cheap drink, mix of music) then down to Lord Edward, and the Bull and Castle for special offers and world beers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Brogans on Dame St, it's a kip but it's a great kip. Good pint of Guinness.
    If you go out Georges st direction and try Long Hall, the Swan, Whelans (might have music on) Ryans, An Seo, The Bleeding Horse, The Bernard Shaw (kinda trendy) O'Connells in Portabello and the Lower Deck. (Thanks fontanalis, I robbed your idea :))
    If you go towards Parkgate street, you have Ryans and the others there, Ryans and the Dice bar on Queen street, then over to the Brazen Head, up to the Thomas House (cheap drink, mix of music) then down to Lord Edward, and the Bull and Castle for special offers and world beers.

The Swan, I was only in it once after I wan't allowed into Flannerys one saturday evening. Absolutley lovely bar inside.
    Good bars above. McDevitts is a nice place too.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

fontanalis wrote: »
    The Swan, I was only in it once after I wan't allowed into Flannerys one saturday evening. Absolutley lovely bar inside.
    Good bars above. McDevitts is a nice place too.

Theyres a place ye want to steer clear of!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Can't believe I forgot Devitts! Great pint in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Shoelaces

O'Neills off Grafton Street then keep heading down towards South William Street, take a left at Metro Cafe and plonk yourself in Peters pub

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

Bring him to Coppers for the authentic Irish experience. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

You're Polish friend is going to be locked after visiting all those pubs listed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

gurramok wrote: »
    You're Polish friend is going to be locked after visiting all those pubs listed!

She'll be well able for it!

Thanks folks for all the tips...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,318 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Another +1 for The Brazen Head.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
Advertisement