Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to register dogs microchip and IKC

Options
  • 09-07-2010 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Was just reading an earlier post about wandering dogs and microchipping and just realised that even though our fella is chipped and has IKC papers - they are all still registered with the breeder. We have him over a year and a half. Can anyone let me know how i can get his chip and IKC under my name and address - cheers guys :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Have you got the IKC papers yourself? If so with the IKC papers, you sign the back of the IKC form you have for new ownership and send back to IKC with the fee.

With the microchip, you should have got a form with all the details on it and again, you sign and fill out the new owner part and send it off to the company eg Animark, Fido etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ahaaha

yeah i have the IKC papers (somewhere!) so thats sorted - thanks andreac! all i got with microchip was three stickers with the number on them - haven't a clue what company he was chipped with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

No problem.

Maybe your vet can tell you by scanning the chip what company its from or he might be able to tell from the stickers. You can always get a new microchip anyway so you have your details recorded for definate.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

ahaaha wrote: »
    yeah i have the IKC papers (somewhere!) so thats sorted - thanks andreac! all i got with microchip was three stickers with the number on them - haven't a clue what company he was chipped with.

It's probably fido.ie cos ours had 3 stickers too - did the puppy have a little Hills tag because that's what you get from the Fido.ie ones! ;) You create an account online at fido.ie and put the chip number from the IKC cert in and the code on the stickers to register under your name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

Yeah what tk123 said, you just have to register on the website, but it might be worthwhile calling the breeder if you have their number to see if it is fido.ie and in case they already registered with fido.

• Advertisement
Advertisement