Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evo Stream thread *spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Azza wrote: »
    I'll see about getting those parts for yoou guys asking about them.

Hey I wouldnt mind a red bezel if you can but dont go out of your way for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

A big well done Azza great showing.

soak it all up man you'll have some company next year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Good show Azza, hope you're enjoying Vegas.
    Just don't flatten us too bad when you return all leveled up!

Yeah, as I said once too often, can you pick me up yellow & clear shaft cover sets?
    No worries if you can't. :)

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Just finished playing in the HD Remix comp.

32 man pool played on 2 screens.

Ran much faster. Its almost over and its been less than 3 hours.

Anyway round 1 I played a Ken player named Nathan. I won 2-0, 2-0.

Round 2 I got another by as there was quite a few no shows for this pool.

Round 3 I got a Honda player named Matthew of his name but I won 2-1, 2-1.

Round 4 which was the winners quater finals I was beat by a Vega player named Tai Vega 0-2, 1-2.

Then in loosers quaters I was beat by a guy named Josh Despisto (Jed07 online)who played Guile, 1-2, 1-2.

Thats it, will come back later to spectate SSF IV finals.

Got that red bezel for you bush and the yellow dust covers for kiki.

Not sure where the guy is selling the stuff animax was talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Good stuff Azza, nice work in HDR. I think RyRy was on the stream last night, good Viper if I remember correctly.

15 minutes to SSF4 Semi Finals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Great stuff Azza!

Really solid showing by the sounds of it.

Enjoy the rest of your stay!

Good show man, you did us proud :)
    You should pen an article for SF.ie when you have time.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Just watched Daigo beat down shizza's chun. He really is a beast!
    Shizza just beat down floe's rufus 2-0, 2-0.. Entertaining stuff!!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

****!!!!!
    Gamerbee's ADON just knocked J.Wong's Rufus out of top 8.. It pays to be out late on a saturday night!!. Ive faith in Adon again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

The hype was insane!

• Advertisement

Man, I wish I could've been there when Justin Wong was sent down to Loser's by Vangief.

Just saw the ENTIRE ROOM jump up. Maybe 2-3000 people?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Ian McTetly

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/teamspooky Daigo just clutched out the runback with Arturo 5-4, the Salty Suite is HYPE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭chris mcmahon

thank god wong is out, im sick to death of watching that stinking rufus just jumping about the screen shouting AAAAAAIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

and juicebox!!!!!!!! who annoying is he!!!!!!!!! he looks like he has autism. no wonder that guy turfed his stick, id want to punch that wee dweeb in the face if he was doing that ultra acting s**t on me.

if ed ma had just have went back to ken he would have done better and would have been up a cowboy hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Stream was quality last night, so many tense matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Bush80 wrote: »
    Stream was quality last night, so many tense matches.

The Daigo vs Arturo Money Rematch today was brilliant.

Doubt we'll see anything better tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

thank god wong is out, im sick to death of watching that stinking rufus just jumping about the screen shouting AAAAAAIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

and juicebox!!!!!!!! who annoying is he!!!!!!!!! he looks like he has autism. no wonder that guy turfed his stick, id want to punch that wee dweeb in the face if he was doing that ultra acting s**t on me.

if ed ma had just have went back to ken he would have done better and would have been up a cowboy hat.
    I for one don't mind justin being put out. rather the delicious irony of him saying that adon is **** and then losing to him.

I like juicebox. he's having fun both during the the game and when hes not playing compared to the super srs face everyone pulls. theres no disrespect in his dance. it's just his zone. the fact you'd want to smack him if he did this would shows you'd be unable to keep the cool whilst he went all iron abel on you.

also ed ma wouldnt be up a hat. he needed to play cowboy from the start to finish.

Also. Was surprised to see alot of honda up there. since his recent buffs its good to seem him used. guile and sim...those were...boring yet exciting at the same time. but i think the sexiest combo of that night i saw was some chun's
    Counter RH, Hzanshu(or whatever it's called), lk,ex legs ultra

SirAuronDX wrote: »
    I for one don't mind justin being put out. rather the delicious irony of him saying that adon is **** and then losing to him.

I like juicebox. he's having fun both during the the game and when hes not playing compared to the super srs face everyone pulls. theres no disrespect in his dance. it's just his zone. the fact you'd want to smack him if he did this would shows you'd be unable to keep the cool whilst he went all iron abel on you.

also ed ma wouldnt be up a hat. he needed to play cowboy from the start to finish.

Also. Was surprised to see alot of honda up there. since his recent buffs its good to seem him used. guile and sim...those were...boring yet exciting at the same time. but i think the sexiest combo of that night i saw was some chun's
    Counter RH, Hzanshu(or whatever it's called), lk,ex legs ultra

i know juicebox isnt being disrespectful by doing what he does, he clearly has mental problems though. or maybe he needs to grow up, you have to admit its very weird/nerdy/annoying/pathetic. regardless i can see he is an excellent player.

i meant if ed ma had went back to ken for super and not juri, he could have used ken at evo and easily took that stetson. he is still by far my favorite ken from back in the day.

while we are on the subject of ken and hondas, did anyone see the dr chaos and mike ross match, it was amazing, but WTF was chaos doing constantly crossing honda up when he had meter?????????????? he would have won the match if it wasnt for the amount of times he got hit by an ex headbut after a crossup. so frustrating.

The Daigo vs Arturo Money Rematch today was brilliant.

Doubt we'll see anything better tonight.

where did you see this? was it on the stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

It was on the team spooky stream this morning/afternoon.

It'll be uploaded to gootecks.com and youtube soon enough.

Fantastic matches last night, shame theres no Abel's in Top 8, high level Abel play is exciting to watch. Lamerboi taking out Sabin and Gamerbee eliminating Wong was especially sweet.

Other things of note:

Winners bracket:
    Daigo Umehara (Ryu) vs. Mike Ross (E. Honda) - Daigo to win
    Vance "Vangief" Wu (Zangief) vs. EG.Ricky Ortiz (Rufus) - Vangief to win (could be close)

Losers bracket:
    Henry Cen (E. Honda, Dhalsim) vs. GamerBee (Adon) - Gamerbee to win
    Infiltration (Akuma, Juri) vs. Shizza (Chun-Li) - Infiltration to win

I like Mike Ross' Honda, but his play has been a bit sloppy, Daigo will steam roll him.
    Gief vs Rufus is tough for Gief now, good luck to Van.
    Henry has a very solid Honda, but Gamerbee might have advantage of playing as an unknown character.
    Infiltration vs Shizza Im just guessing, both really good players.

In my opinion, Lamerboi could have easily made Top 8, he just got impatient against Henry, nerves really got to him in the match against Daigo.

Lastly, LOL at EG whoring Rufus.

• Advertisement

@chris mcmahon: The guy who threw his stick lives in the same house as Juice Box.

He just got salty because he lost after being so far ahead.
    Lesson: DON'T TAUNT. EVER.

Predictions:
    • Daigo Umehara vs Mike Ross: 2-0 or 2-1 (Honda has little chance against Daigo's Ryu)
    • Vance Wu vs Ricky Ortiz: 2-0 or 2-1 (Vance beat the best Rufus in America already)
    • Henry Cen vs Gamer Bee: can't call this one, it depends on how well Henry Cen can adjust his defense.
    • Infiltration the Ice Man vs Shizza: Infiltration will probably rape horribly, like he has done pretty much every other match

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Kayane... the Chun player... Decent!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Kayane... the Chun player... HOT!!
    fixed yr post
    fox.jpg
    fox2.jpg
    but yes she was great at the game as well

except when she ate that wakeup ultra by gouken and lost,
    irc reaction:

lol.jpg
    highlight = red: "lol, what an idiot"
    hahahahahahha

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ogiekeaney

a hot asian looking chic with a french accent who plays streetfighter....... nah not interested;)

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

ohmy

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

AGH!!!

gamerbee surprisingly

Daigo unsurprisingly taking this years evo again. Also. Best stream ever to cut on the final match. and again during the reward ceremony. grade #a work hurrrrr.

Watching gamerbee's adon has convinced me to work harder with him. He IS very execution heavy though. and all links.

In the end though. same old same old. We shall ship cobelcog next year and she how he fares. Until then gentlmen.

I. JUST. GOT. UP!! :mad:

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I. JUST. GOT. UP!! :mad:
    it was only daigo(ryu) vs justin wong e.g. Ricky(Ruf).
    more like justin forgotten
    Nothing missed.

• Advertisement

Worst Stream Ever. Mike Ross got floored by Daigo but went on to beat Gamerbee and took an impressive 4th place. Too tired/pissed to type more.

Advertisement