Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evo Stream thread *spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I. JUST. GOT. UP!! :mad:

Evo Stream thread *spoilers*

Unless you meant you just missed the match? If that's the case, we all did. Stream died in last game. ****ing fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Since its way too late to go to bed now, random crap:

Dont play Melty Blood, Marvel, or TvC. Cant comment on them, didnt watch, although I saw Marn steam roll the guy who put him in TvC losers bracket for 5 straight games. Game looks fun.

SSF4 Women's Invitational:

Barely watched this, decent Chun beat some crap players. Female guest commentator was best looking of the bunch, no camera time. Just had a few games of Super with Marto instead.

HDR:

Great games, I spammed the chat with support for Afrolegends as the discussion went to how **** HDR is. Snake Eyes = pro Gief. Matches against DGV and Afro were intense.

Tekken 6:

Hype died. I think me, Speed_boat, and Dreddy were the only ones watching this, everyone went to play Super. I was gonna play Super but Mr Naps was on, and he plays Bryan, a character I played as and sort of knew. Would have appreciated the Finals more if he had made it that far.

MvC3:

Game's graphics look weird as hell, X Factor = Baroque by the looks of things, Deadpool's keep away looks broken. Dante looks cool/fun. Nothing else to comment on, not a big MvC fan.

SSF4:

Brilliant matches, Shizza vs. Infiltration. Shizza looked like he had no chance in the beginning with Akuma's mixups, made a great comeback midway through the set, but lost in the end.

Vangief vs. EG.Ricky Ortiz, Ricky counter picked with Chun, pretty much footsie'd the crap out of his Gief, Van landed a sick U2 on Ricky, stream died for the first time of the night.

Daigo vs. Mike Ross. Daigo floored him.

And now my memory is starting to get fuzzy. Matches were great anyway.

Random rap video getting cut twice was hilarious. 2nd rap video had like a 5 minute "WTF" intro, I went to get a drink and come back to pretty cool rap to go with Cody's theme.

Ono's announcement turned out to be that he had something to announce in 2 weeks. Great. I hate teasers. Chances are its probably gonna be a series I dont care about anyway. And he said something about the Arcade release.

That is my last 8 hours in a nutshell.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ono's announcement is now either NEW Darkstalkers, or SSFIV arcade release outside Japan :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

SirAuronDX wrote: »
    stuff

Alright man, welcome to boards.

You're from neoempire right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

so so tight
    double ko and then deamon'd to 1 pixel health

why is it sped up? ruins it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Placebo wrote: »
    why is it sped up?

It's called not turtling :pac:

this is turtling

and exactly the treatment i give your rufus, which is why i got some rounds off you last time ;)

and exactly the treatment i give your rufus, which is why i got some rounds off you last time ;)

I was too lazy to be patient :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Ono's announcement is now either NEW Darkstalkers, or SSFIV arcade release outside Japan :rolleyes:
    Eventhubs wrote: »
    He apparently also stated that it's not Capcom vs. SNK 3 or a DarkStalkers sequel, though.

Guess it's not Darkstalkers. =(

Sairus wrote: »
    Guess it's not Darkstalkers. =(

its gonna be this

namcovscapcom.png

also
    evo2010_daigo.jpg
    im pretty sure ono and him are friends and daigo was involved in the making of sf4 so he knows all the tricks.
    INFACT

DAIGO is ONO's son.
    all makes sense

just like cobelcog is the son of the guy that works in XGC that helps him use turbo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

its gonna be this

namcovscapcom.png

Exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS so it can be 2D and 3D at the same time, pleasing all fans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I set my alarm to get up but when it went off I said na and went back to sleep. Why did they get someone who doesnt know anything about SF to commentate on the finals?, weird.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

animaX wrote: »
    It's called not turtling :pac:

I arrived home from work yesterday to find ayjay watching you backdashing for about 10 seconds and farz taunting you from across the screen.

the more things change...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

All the necessary vids are here people: http://www.youtube.com/user/evo2kvids#p/u

That Gamerbee vs Mike Ross match is one of the best Street fighter matches I've ever seen. Pity Ross didn't even get a round in against Daigo.

:pac:

In fairness Terry you were doing some hardcore turtling in some of those matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

G4TV.

was gootecks at this event all. never heard or saw him, which is rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Bush80 wrote: »
    I set my alarm to get up but when it went off I said na and went back to sleep. Why did they get someone who doesnt know anything about SF to commentate on the finals?, weird.
    I assume that was part of the deal with G4 - they give coverage and one of their dudes commentates.
    It was pretty annoying how he knew nothing about what was going on aside from calling out the score and saying "This looks like it could be a perfect". I'm not a huge fan of Seth's commentary, but he was a far sight better than the G4 guy.

I arrived home from work yesterday to find ayjay watching you backdashing for about 10 seconds and farz taunting you from across the screen.

Haha, that was brilliant. Farz spent the entire round before that backdashing and i had to take the piss :P
    In fairness Terry you were doing some hardcore turtling in some of those matches.

Touche! But the blanka/hawk matchups are just silly. All blanka ever needs to do is electricity :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

I did exactly the same and after looking at some of the vids I'm glad I stayed in bed.

http://karaface.smugmug.com/popular/#576541836_9huxA

2h4cp4g.jpg
    she shuda won

animaX wrote: »
    Haha, that was brilliant. Farz spent the entire round before that backdashing and i had to take the piss :P

thats cause you kept mashing your dive kick, repeatedly. and nothing else worked but dashing, i was hardly doing it for lols

Sairus wrote: »
    aside from calling out the score

He managed to even make a mess of that. 2nd match of the grand finals where diago is up 1 match. Ricky goes 1 round up and he says "Ricky ties it up 2-2". Wat?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

He managed to even make a mess of that. 2nd match of the grand finals where diago is up 1 match. Ricky goes 1 round up and he says "Ricky ties it up 2-2". Wat?

He did that the whole time. He was counting rounds as if they were games.

If someone lost 1-2, then won 2-0 and went 1 round up in the third game he probably would have announced them the winner for reaching 4 rounds first!

:pac:

I know that dude from listening to podcasts. He doesnt play fighting games at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Just saw the Gamerbee vs. J. Wong highlights, I bet a load of scrubs start using Adon for the next few weeks.....players like um...I don't know..Banjo B or something.

;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It's ok, Ken.
    You just have to be as pretty as Tatsu (Claw).
    679425667_mYQZM-O.jpg

ps: that's the one on the right

pps: that's a GUY

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

I was rooting for Neo to knock out Tatsu, chap's Juri was solid.

Finals commentary failed. S-kill salvaged it himself somewhat though.

Ricky vs. Infiltration was probably the best match of the night. Edge of your seat stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭chris mcmahon

anyone else tired of seeing 1 dimensional rufus in the finals?
    best match of the night would have been infiltration vs daigo, that would have been immense.

dont think anyone has realised this yet, but infiltration has actually been in a film!!!!!!!!!
    http://babble.com/CS/blogs/strollerderby/2008/10/01-07/james%20and%20teh%20giant%20peach.gif
    its the film version of james and the giant peach, he is clearly the one on the right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Ken B wrote: »
    Just saw the Gamerbee vs. J. Wong highlights, I bet a load of scrubs start using Adon for the next few weeks.....players like um...I don't know..Banjo B or something.

;):p

Lol. I was spamming jaguar kicks way before J Wong felt they're wrath!!! :):):pac:

Advertisement