Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evo Stream thread *spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭chris mcmahon

if onos new game is super street fighter 4 turbo, im still buying it, i dont care if im getting stroked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I can only see it being that, darkstalkers or something completely left field, like a brand new final fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    It's ok, Ken.
    You just have to be as pretty as Tatsu (Claw).
    679425667_mYQZM-O.jpg

ps: that's the one on the right

pps: that's a GUY
    Hell, Tatsujinken's prettier than most girls!!

Is he from Thailand or something.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

anyone else tired of seeing 1 dimensional rufus in the finals?
    best match of the night would have been infiltration vs daigo, that would have been immense.
    How is Rufus one-dimensional? :confused:

His main offensive tool is the Dive Kick, but he can't spam that against Ryu due to the power of SRK Ultra. So he has to be smart and pick his Dives and mix them up with footsies & Galactic Tornado combos.

UNLESS you're annoyed at the power of EX Messiah, cos then you might have a point :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Y.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

animaX wrote: »
    Haha, that was brilliant. Farz spent the entire round before that backdashing and i had to take the piss :P

Touche! But the blanka/hawk matchups are just silly. All blanka ever needs to do is electricity :o

You should upload the video where yer man walked into your ultra :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Ken B wrote: »
    Hell, Tatsujinken's prettier than most girls!!

Is he from Thailand or something.....:D

217gay.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Bush80 wrote: »
    You should upload the video where yer man walked into your ultra :pac:

That'll be my new "why you shouldn't...." video :P

On that topic, here's a link to my latest one and it involves a certain cammy player :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Ken B wrote: »
    Just saw the Gamerbee vs. J. Wong highlights, I bet a load of scrubs start using Adon for the next few weeks.....players like um...I don't know..Banjo B or something.

;):p
    So yeah ran into a few. can't wait to smash out more.
    you can tell a decent adon player if he never uses jaguar tooth
    unless it's light kick to feck off from the player. other than that...
    if they do spam it. do anything. you're more likely to win against it.

Dunno why you guys are so down on new Adon noobs.

They've seen a character they didn't know how to play being used to maximum effect, and now they are curious and want to switch from SRK/Hadou-spamming to see if they like him.

Noobs are learners.
    Scrubs are noobs who never learned to adapt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Dunno why you guys are so down on new Adon noobs.

They've seen a character they didn't know how to play being used to maximum effect, and now they are curious and want to switch from SRK/Hadou-spamming to see if they like him.

Noobs are learners.
    Scrubs are noobs who never learned to adapt.

learn in your own time offline
    not online.

I can only see it being that, darkstalkers or something completely left field, like a brand new final fight.

its confusing because he said that super was the end of street fighter 4, but then yesterday he said that super wont end with the arcade. unless thay make the arcade version super turbo then do something with the console version, either dlc it or release a new 1.
    if its anything other than street fighter i really wont give a toss, sf is really the only fighting game i like. marvel is grim.
    if its out next year it probably cant be as "vs" game, they wouldnt want it to interfere with mvc3

Placebo wrote:
    learn in your own time offline
    not online.
    Learning a combo in training is all well and good for muscle memory, but you need to will to do it mid-match too.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

ssf4 will get an update I'd say. If capcom can make a few quid it will happen. The game is massive right now.

I expect darkstalkers or something weird. Why comiccon to announce it and not evo?

Speed Boat wrote: »
    ssf4 will get an update I'd say. If capcom can make a few quid it will happen. The game is massive right now.

I expect darkstalkers or something weird. Why comiccon to announce it and not evo?
    because that would be announcement made only to hardcore fighting game fans, whereas capcom are a games company so they will announce whatever it is to a wider audience. and maybe a timing issue is the reason, i would imagine these things are very strict.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I just got out of bed a few minutes ago. It was still worth staying up for the finals, though.

That rap intro just before the finals was starting to get on my nerves until it turned into all sorts of awesome by using Cody's theme as a base for the rap. Nicely done.

As for the matches themselves. The highlight was definitely Infiltration Vs Mick Ross, the only match that had my stomach in knots as I watched it. I was disappointed Infiltration lost.

Then the stream went into epic fail by crashing in the finals and at the end. Heads are going to roll over that!

That G4 commentator was useless. I know it was probably part of the whole deal between Evo and G4 but protip for G4; Next year, get someone who actually knows something about fighting games. I'm pretty sure my sister would have done a better job than you!

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

Some of the finals going up here - http://www.youtube.com/user/evo2kvids

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Learning a combo in training is all well and good for muscle memory, but you need to will to do it mid-match too.

Even just learning the fundamentals of a character and using them is a different story.

As for the matches themselves. The highlight was definitely Infiltration Vs Mick Ross, the only match that had my stomach in knots as I watched it. I was disappointed Infiltration lost.

Do you mean you were disappointed Infiltration lost overall, or are you talking about Gamerbee vs. Ross? Infiltration beat Ross, pretty soundly too.

Dare I say it, Ross beat Gamerbee by shenanigans. Hands - FADC - U2. I remember Dark Onion mentioning that. When Ross FADC'd after the Hands I saw U2 coming from a mile away cus I'm amazing. Of course I know you cant win a whole set just with Ultra shenanigans (Nobody say Abel).

Gamerbee with the OS Rising Jaguar, so good. Hit Ross like 3 times in a row with that.

MVP to Infiltration/Gamerbee. Gamerbee for his Adon play, Infiltration for his balls to the wall rushdown, even against Gief.

Lastly, Sanford Kelly vs RB was such a mess. Sanford getting eliminated after only 2 round losses. Such BS. Didnt RB pause the second time?

GorySnake wrote: »
    Gamerbee with the OS Rising Jaguar, so good. Hit Ross like 3 times in a row with that.

Don't think the commentators realised it was an option select. They kept saying "amazing read" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

GorySnake wrote: »

Lastly, Sanford Kelly vs RB was such a mess. Sanford getting eliminated after only 2 round losses. Such BS. Didnt RB pause the second time?

Yes he did, but he had been told to by the judge. The players were confused about what was going on. So it didn't count as a 1 round loss.

I agree it was a shame. Sanford was better than most of the lads that advanced. But ultimately its his own fault for not setting his buttons up correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Yeah some commentators are just clowns who don't know the game at all and make ridiculous comments. Seth Killian was obviously great last night

Finals were good

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Am I the only one who doesn't like Seth's commentary?

Keits and Skisonic are the best Evo commentary team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Are you joking? Keits is one of the worst commentators, I can't stand when he's on. Would much prefer to have Seth

Am I the only one who doesn't like Seth's commentary?

Keits and Skisonic are the best Evo commentary team.

keits is just plain boring, and skisonic.........i could strangle him, his voice melts me, and he plays fuerte so f**k him.

seth is the man for commentating, at the very least he is informed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I like Seth as long as he has a good colour commentator with him. Last year with Seth, Keits and Skisonic is pretty much perfect for me.

Although you can't beat a bit of Rockefeller.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Orim wrote: »
    I like Seth as long as he has a good colour commentator with him. Last year with Seth, Keits and Skisonic is pretty much perfect for me.

Although you can't beat a bit of Rockefeller.

Who may be appearing on/taking over The Dogface Show soon.

They should get seb to commentate, he's great

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Are you joking? Keits is one of the worst commentators, I can't stand when he's on. Would much prefer to have Seth
    Keits is such a dork.

Also Dogface is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

As long as Sabin is away from the mic, I dont mind. Annoying voice at 100 shoutouts per minute.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

we're all ignoring one awesome thing
    who saw that sexy as hell fireball battle video?

Advertisement