Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pinarello FP2 Carbon Ultegra Team Sky Rep

• 09-07-2010 7:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭

After much prevarication I'm probably going to buy the Pinarello FP2, seeing as the Cube Agree GTC Race is sold out in my size everywhere and mainly because I don't want to get the wrong size in anything at this price and I sat on a 57cm Pinarello at a store in London and it fits my 6' 4" frame perfectly.

Also, I don't want a bike at this price that looks like my current Beone mistral aluminium one and the Pinarello looks amazing in the flesh.

Does anyone have one and be prepared to share any positive or negative comments please?

Much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I can't remember if it was an FP2 or an FP3 that I rode. Whichever one it was, it's sweet. Very stiff and accelerates like a demon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

57 sounds a bit small for a 6.4" guy. I am 6.1 riding a L/57 and find it just fine.

I was on a 54cm FPx and it only felt slightly too small. I'm 6'3".

Ah ok, maybe they have different geometry, just to correct my previous post, I am not riding a Pinarello.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

AstraMonti wrote: »
    57 sounds a bit small for a 6.4" guy. I am 6.1 riding a L/57 and find it just fine.

No way are you only 6'1". Go measure yourself and report back. I'm guessing 6'3" if you stand up straight.

• Advertisement

I have spent a fair bit of time on 54cm bikes whenever I go to Germany cos my bro has a spare one that I use. Maybe I'm just used to it :)

niceonetom wrote: »
    No way are you only 6'1". Go measure yourself and report back. I'm guessing 6'3" if you stand up straight.
    I am 188cms! That.s 6"1.2 :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

The 57 cm pinarello is 59 cm centre to top. My 62cm beone felt too big and needed a shorter stem so I should have got a 59. That makes them comparable. There is always the 60 cm cube of course but everyone says they are really small. What cassette ratios are on the pinarello with the compact most chain set?

ashleey wrote: »
    What cassette ratios are on the pinarello with the compact most chain set?

Whatever you want usually. Unless you are buying from a website which doesn't offer changes.

Was looking at ribble seeing as they are way cheaper. They specify shimano wheels whereas the pinarello site says most. Will my shimano tools fit the most bb for later servicing?

• Advertisement

Depends which Shimano tools you have and which BB will be on your bike.

Fair point. I have the tools for the tiagra external cups and won't be planning to remove and regrease the bb for a while mind. I'm still torn between the Pinarello FP2 Ultegra 57cm and the Cube Agree GTC Race 60cm though. It's never easy and the Cube is 200 quid cheaper but isn't Italian...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Interesting reading thanks. I presume the 2010 FP2 is a full carbon frame, and not just the rear stays? The one in the threads didn't look like it was and of course I was blinded by bling in the shop yesterday and am now doubting my memory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Yup, looks like you're right it is carbon. The FP1 is now aluminium.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=59584293

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

have you thought of a colnago or perhaps a bianchi from wheelworx?

both Italian, both uber pretty bikes, like the Pinarello

my only concern with the Sky paint scheme would be that it could look a little "out of date" next year or the year after

the red and white paint scheme is mint though

just my personal opinion like

Fair point about the sky team colours. It is available in the other colours though. I saw an fp3 on display in the shop and if I hadn't deliberately left the credit card at home...I'll look at the colnago now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭Mosiki

I bought an FP2 last year, at that time it was carbon forks & rear stays, the rest aluminium. They are now full carbon.

I ordered with ultegra but it came with 105 groupset but I didnt mind as 105 works perfectly well. I have never had any trouble with the bike and its in great working order still.

Maintain it and you should have no problems - cleaning regularly, new headset/BB/chain/rear casette every year, etc.

I did change the wheels as the ones I got with it werent great, I put a set of Fulcrum Zeroes on it which were a great improvement. I recommend the bike to anyone from my own experiences.

I got the red on white, personally i wouldnt go for the sky colours but thats merely personal choice and wont afect performance.

Eggie.

Thanks for the advice. What about the most chainset and brakes ? How would you rate them as I'm more familiar with shimano stuff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭Mosiki

My brakes are shimano so cant comment on the Most brakes tbh, my cranks, etc are Most and are perfectly fine for my user level.

• Advertisement
Advertisement