Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my Puppy Pregnant ?

Options
  • 09-07-2010 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hello all,
    Wondering can ye shed some light on my question!
    Our puppy is an English Springer Spaniel Aug 09 born - she was in heat in March but we kept her in apart from one day at the end when she was out - there were no dogs around our house at all during her heat phase but we have noticed this evening that her nipples are swollen and when pinched some milk comes out.

Has anyone come across this before? and does this mean she could be pregnant. ? I had her at the vets recently for kennel cough etc and they checked her out but would they know if she was pregnant - they did a full examination on her at this time also?

Thanks in advance guys.
    Rena

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

she could be , it could also be a phantom pregnancy , only way to be sure is to go to the vet

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

i would not think she is in pup if she was you would notice weight gain on her and a bitch is in pup for around 63 days so if you count back from around her last day of her heat i would think the milk is only milk glands and it happends to all bitches after a season but to be fully sure bring her to your vet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

No way of knowing unless you take her to the vet. But, if her last heat was end of March it's unlikely she's pregnant, gestation in dogs is only 9 weeks, so she would have given birth mid May, early June at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭PippaSpaniel

you've put my mind at rest for tonight anyway...will take her to vets just to be sure anyhow tomorrow...
    Thanks again
    Rena:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

If it turns out she's not, then having her spayed as soon as her hormones calm down a bit would give you peace of mind.

• Advertisement
Advertisement