Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

No picture

• 09-07-2010 7:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭

Today when i turned on my xbox no picture came up on the tv,i checked all connections and all seem fine,i can get sound but no pic.
    Anyone got ant ideas what might be wrong,i cant live without it,its the only thing that shuts the kids up for a few hours:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭InvisibleBadger

If you're sure it's not the connections then it might mean a dead xbox unfortunately. If its less than 3 yrs old microsoft might fix it for you. Have a look in the sticky. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Doritogasm

That exact problem happened to me with my 2nd xbox. I used the towel trick and then the picture came back after it cooled down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

don't mean to sound condescending but are you sure about the connections? it's happened 2/3 times to me that i wasn't watching where i was putting the Yellow-White-Red connection things and put the video into one of the audio ones. :o
    if you have a HDMI or VGA connection, do what badger said.

i wouldn't recommend the towel trick. it'll only fúck up the xbox. better to check the warranty first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

If you're using the red white and yellow connections, check the switch on the part that goes into the xbox and make sure it's not switched to HDTV. Same happened to me a while ago and it was just switched to HDTV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Thanks for the replies everyone,tried everything still the same,will have to send it away to microsoft.

@atavan-halen cant find a switch on any part going into the xbox,mine is the standerd/arcade xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

it's on the connector directly behind the port where you plug in the AV thingie into the xbox. there should be a switch for HDTV and standard.

EDIT: if you switch it back while the xbox is on, you have to restart the xbox to get the picture back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

send the xbox as an RROD, otherwise Microsoft will ask for money if its outside the 1 year warranty. i sent mine as an RROD and got a replacement easily.

I highly doubt the German Repair Centre will even inspect your console as they get so many broken consoles every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Xbox not under warranty so did a bit of looking around. 110e for second hand box and 150 for new but then on further inspection today i noticed a slight kink in the cable(just where the cable enters the yellow pin)so i pinched it with finger tips,it felt hollow inside,i striped it down and found my problem,broken cable.Have it doctored til i can get a new one.The kids are happy and i get a quite life again:)

thanks to all for the replies

Advertisement