If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humax Freesat or Sagem?

Options
  • 09-07-2010 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi Guys,

Appreciate if you could let me know which you recommend between the 320GB Humax and the 500GB Sagem. I was leaning towards the Humax based on some comments I saw online but would appreciate your comments.

Was on to Ashley in the Dublin store and he said he had only the Sagem in stock down here.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi ArdRi71

This seems to be the most popular Sagem Freesat box at the moment
    the DTR94500 - have a looksee here -
    http://www.sagemcomdigital.co.uk/documents/Freesat-DTR94500S-HD-Datasht.pdf

Its a twin tuner model with a 500gb HDD so you can cram plenty of recordings onto
    We sell it for €299.99 but the Boardie offer is only €249.99
    Its been very popular amoungst Boardies over the last month or two..

We can also source the single tuner version with no Hard Disk, the DS186HD
    spec here -
    http://www.sagemcomdigital.co.uk/sagem-freesat-dsi86hd.aspx

this sells for €129.99 instore but once more as a Boardie special John has offered it for €109.99.

Richer Sounds in Belfast have these all in stock (I'll be ordering more up for stock in The Philips Shop) I have a couple of the DTR94500

Have a chat with Dave or Kenny in Belfast they will be able to help you out re the Humax.

atb
    Ash

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

ArdRi71 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Appreciate if you could let me know which you recommend between the 320GB Humax and the 500GB Sagem. I was leaning towards the Humax based on some comments I saw online but would appreciate your comments.

Was on to Ashley in the Dublin store and he said he had only the Sagem in stock down here.

Thanks in advance

ARd,

thanks for the post - the main advantage of the Sagem DTR94500 is that it has a 500GB HDD as opposed to the 320GB Hard drive on the Humax...

Keep us posted if we can assist r if you would like us to reserve anything for you,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ArdRi71

Thanks John and Ashley.

Ashley, can you reserve one of the 500gb Sagems for me? I can be into you in an hour to pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

Hi ArdRi71

We can also source the single tuner version with no Hard Disk, the DS186HD
    spec here -
    http://www.sagemcomdigital.co.uk/sagem-freesat-dsi86hd.aspx

this sells for €129.99 instore but once more as a Boardie special John has offered it for €109.99.

atb
    Ash

Hi John,

I am interested in the Sagem DS186HD box - is the 109.99 still on offer please ?

Regards,
    CP

Hi John,

I am interested in the Sagem DS186HD box - is the 109.99 still on offer please ?

Regards,
    CP

CP,

Arm twisted - go on we will happily do it for you!

Drop me a PM with you contact details & I'll get the guys to give you a call to get you sorted - it's an excellent little unit.

Thanks again and drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

CP,

Arm twisted - go on we will happily do it for you!

Drop me a PM with you contact details & I'll get the guys to give you a call to get you sorted - it's an excellent little unit.

Thanks again and drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

PM on the way :)

Thanks John !

PM on the way :)

Thanks John !

Thanks Spud,

the order is already on the system & the guys will give you a shout in the morning when they reopen after the bank holiday to sort out delivery details - don't worry we have them in stock so we will get it out tomorrow for you.

Thanks again for the order - much appreciated :D

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks Spud,

the order is already on the system & the guys will give you a shout in the morning when they reopen after the bank holiday to sort out delivery details - don't worry we have them in stock so we will get it out tomorrow for you.

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Great - thanks a lot

CP

Thanks Spud,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,

No contact from the guys yet !

Could you please call as I am away on holidays next week and want to get arrange this before I go.

CP

Hi John,

No contact from the guys yet !

Could you please call as I am away on holidays next week and want to get arrange this before I go.

CP

CP,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - I'm away on hols at the moment with very limited web access - did the guys give you a shout and get you sorted?

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John mc & Crew

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.