Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spanish classes in Cork?

Options
  • 09-07-2010 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi, hope someone can help!
    My husband and I are thinking of learning spanish, I'm a complete beginner and he's be practically a beginner too. Just wondering if anyone knows of any evening classes in or around town or Douglas? Can't find any info anywhere!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Cork Spanish Circle have been doing classes on Wednesday evenings for donkeys years (30+). Now based in the Eircom social club in McCurtain St IIRC. I would presume classes are now finished / will soon finish for summer with a restart in Sept. More info from Enda (my mother!) on 021-4963828.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭dodger50

UCC Hispanic studies regularly runs courses in Spanish and Portuguese to different levels.

http://www.apc.ucc.ie/en/hispanicstudies/courses/autumn10/spanish/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Theres is normally adult eduacation night classes in douglas community school or ashton from sept-dec and jan-april/may.
    normally the brochure comes in my door advertising the classes and giving info on enrollment etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 aoifers1234

Hi, just wondering if the spanish circle is still running? I have basic/conversational spanish and want to improve again?

Hi, just wondering if the spanish circle is still running? I have basic/conversational spanish and want to improve again?

Yes, still going! Restart in september. Number above.

• Advertisement

brilliant! thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Framed10

Hi I'm also interested in some Spanish classes,
    I'm a beginner, I have several Spanish friends that I visit regularly in Spain.
    I would like to be able to learn conversational spanish, not just holiday Spanish like ordering drinks, looking for a bus etc.
    There are several night classes on all over the city but I just want to pick the best one, with a qualified teacher preferably.
    Would the spanish circle suit me?
    Or are there other classes that would be recommended?
    All help appreciated.
    F

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Donne

I know this is about Spanish, but I've been looking at the community school after hours curriculums, and they don't seem to offer any German lessons.

Is there anywhere in Cork where you could get German evening lessons in a group to an intermediate level, does anyone know?

hey just making sure spanish circle is still there? and class times and day? really wana fit it into my college timetable

Spanish circle definitely still there. Classes Wednesday evenings, although I think they've started already.

• Advertisement
Advertisement