Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cut//Copy @ Tripod, July 20th

Options
  • 09-07-2010 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭

CUT COPY on 20th July - moved from Button Factory to Tripod
    Due to overwhelming demand for tickets, CUT COPY’s upcoming July 20th show will now take place at TRIPOD.

The Aussie digi-pop trio return to Dublin for their first live performance since the group's greatly acclaimed sold-out show at The Village in November 2008. The trio have just finished recording their long awaited third album, the follow-up to 2008's brilliant "In Ghost Colours".

Tickets for the original BUTTON FACTORY show will be valid.

POD presents
    CUT COPY
    Tuesday July 20th 2010
    Tripod – Harcourt St – Dublin 2.
    Doors – 7:30pm

Has anyone heard if they might be DJ'ing somewhere close by after the show?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

could someone please tell me why the button factory / tripod keep doing this ?????? its really fcukin annoying me now !! but tbh im happy now its in a better place

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

An extra way to extra money I guess.

i suppose ye . . and loadsa people seem to be getting into them around were i live its weird

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cond0r

Anyone else at the Cut Copy gig last night?

Is it just me that's somewhat annoyed that they only played for like 50mins & then did a miserable encore?

I can't remember ever being at a gig that ended at 10pm. I don't think it was worth €25. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Cond0r wrote: »
    Anyone else at the Cut Copy gig last night?

Is it just me that's somewhat annoyed that they only played for like 50mins & then did a miserable encore?

I can't remember ever being at a gig that ended at 10pm. I don't think it was worth €25. :mad:

Thats what the gigs in Tripod are usually like?

Cut Copy only have 2 albums out dude...the songs are short enough anyway. I don't see how they could've played longer than 50 mins..

but I agree with you there .. €25 is a joke for 50 mins of music.
    Just go earlier next time and catch the supporting acts. They are usually good if you like the main band, so get your moneys worth :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cond0r

Brendog wrote: »
    Thats what the gigs in Tripod are usually like?

Hmm. It's been a while since I was at a gig in Tripod, but I'm pretty sure I remember hot chip playing 'til at least 10.30 or 11pm.
    Cut Copy only have 2 albums out dude...the songs are short enough anyway. I don't see how they could've played longer than 50 mins..

That's true I suppose. They were playing some new stuff too, though, so I think it could have been stretched out a bit longer.
    but I agree with you there .. €25 is a joke for 50 mins of music.
    Just go earlier next time and catch the supporting acts. They are usually good if you like the main band, so get your moneys worth :)

Yeah, I probably should've turned up a bit earlier to catch the support acts but at the end of the day, you're there to see the headlining band. I'm used to being ripped off for gigs in this country anyway, but this kind of took the biscuit. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I was at this last night. I didn't expect the gig to last more than an hour (since they only have two albums, understandable) but I'm in agreement that €22.50 for these kinds of gigs is a joke (what else is new, eh?) It's one of the reasons why it makes so much more sense to me to catch these new-ish bands at festivals. I just hope a decent cut goes towards the band and not towards venue insurance or something like that.

Besides that, Cut Copy have the songs, but where was the synth player? Watching them plod along to synth samples was a huge letdown. If I knew that beforehand I would have given this a miss.

i thought it was a good gig but to short , and i have to agree wotht he point of the key board player not eing there , im a key player me self and i love watching and listening to synth players with the sounds and stuff live but itw as a let down

Advertisement