Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any people from limerick

• 09-07-2010 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

hey guys and gals just wondering if any of you are from limerick.

im wondering how much train tickets and bus tickets cost.

is it better to get monthly returns or annual tickets and stuff like that??

tried the irishrails.ie but they are ####

i prefer trains biggrin.gif but will definitly settle for busses if the price is right

for the record ill be a student there in september. ive posted this on the WIT forum but i might get a response here from non students. im just trying to figure out my options cost wise

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

I'm Assuming you mean the train up from Waterford, never used the train always assumed them to be very expensive unless you travel to Dublin from the citys on the new 10 euro web fairs which are amazing.
    The bus will set you back a lovely 23 euro return. Astronomical so it is, if your lucky follow em on Twitter ad you can sometimes get fairs for a euro or two but that's only once in a while.
    Buses around town are 1.60 each way an unless you use them the whole time the weekly saver won't save you anything same as for monthly.
    My advise is to not travel home on weekends if you save money, I'm a student and I don't go home, why do all students go home on the weekends?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

cheers mate thats cool

yea i wouldnt exactly be going home most weekend. i think every so often will be enough. just handy to know the details. hopefully ill be working weekends anyway.

i didnt think of the 10 euro train fairs which could be handy. ill sign up to the twitter aswell.

Advertisement