Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap to free mature trees/shrubs?

Options
  • 09-07-2010 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

Our garden is mostly grass and needs some planting badly.

Problem is it's such a big garden that buying small plants and waiting for them to grow is a pain and I've lost patience waiting, even when a plant or tree looks big at the garden center once planted they look lost in the garden.

On a teensy budget so has anyone any tips on where to go to get cheap-ish mature trees and large shrubs?
    Ideally native trees and plants.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

cheap mature trees? depends on what you mean by mature; if you mean fully grown, you're looking at hundreds per tree, i'd say...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I was looking into this recently for more or less the same reasons as OP.

Basically, the more mature the tree/shrub is the more you're going to pay. If you can find somebody that's pulling up their garden in favour of an extension or decking etc then you might be able salvage any mature shrubs - but that's a long shot I imagine.

Advertisement