Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

help please

• 09-07-2010 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

hey

i got some adv today i wanted to know to how do i remove vocals from a song i have done wat was told and used audacity and followed the steps but my vocals are still there.

is there any way at all to get rid of them completly????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭mrsmiawallace6

can anybody help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

This is practically impossible to do with any real success. I've read a lot of threads on the issue and there down't seem to be any real way to do it to any degree of satisfaction (at least not a home solution anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

It's not easy at all. There are many different ways. Just about none of them work to any sort of satasfaction without some sort of knowledge and interaction from the user.

Many methods include filtering out certain frequencies if the singer and the background music are completely different. If you can sample a part of the song that has just the background music/beat (given that it's pretty constant the way through) You could try remove it until you're left with just the voice, then add back in a copy of the original track and invert the voice.

I find that most high frequencies are voice and low are background music and beat (although i generally listen to techno/electronic) so if you turn down higher freq and turn up lower you could get a very rough version.

Of course nothing will typically do it perfectly. If you're remixing and famous/rich and know people, you can get the original mix which actually has all the tracks separate.

Your best bet is to try download the track without the voice. There are plenty of these for popular music tracks floating around.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭mrsmiawallace6

hey

thanks for the reply.
    i am not rich:( so wont be able to get it.

its not a popular song so cant find a version wit only music
    spent ages searching last night

Advertisement