Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greece

Options
  • 09-07-2010 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

Hi. Our leaving cert holiday is in Zakynthos in Greece and we are going in 2 weeks.

I was wondering does any body know what's it like over there mooney wise? I need to see how much spending money I would need for a week in order to have a good holiday with no worrying about funds.

Like would it be considered to Spain as in cheap or considered to Ireland as expensive?

And any other idea's about the place I'd also like to hear.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭unseen

Like spain and maybe little bit cheaper :)

Dont forget to go there:
    the-shipwreck-beach-from.jpg

Have fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Oh it is cheaper than Spain? I was thinking it would be more like here :D

Oh don't worry we are going there to see the turtles ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

What resort are you going to? I'm guessing Laganas??

Zakynthos is really very reasonable. A pint/large bottle of Mythos or Alpha will cost between €2 - €2.50. Imported beers will cost more, but the local beer is really nice :pac:

Foodwise, you'll get a really nice main course for anything between €6.50 and €10. A gyros (a real must!) is only about €1.80 - it's a traditional Greek kebab, served in pitta. Delish!

If you are going on any tours, just shop around. There's good deals to be had.

Enjoy Zakynthos, it's a really lovely island, with very friendly locals, who'll be very glad of your business :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

We'll be goin there for 3rd time on Sept 3rd.

It's pretty cheap alright, in Laganas cocktails are around 2.50 each, dearer in the bigger clubs.
    There's an Irish bar, up some stairs on top of some shops, avoid it like the plague, drinks are real dear.

If ya wanna do a trip you MUST go on the Yellow submarine, around 15euro for an hour, first 30mins is spent underwater watchin the loggerhead turtles (Zante is there nesting ground), second 30 mins on deck watchin them from above.

If ya want a quieter more chilled night out, maybe a touch cheaper too, go to Kalamaki, 2 miles away.

Also, if ya gonna hire quads MAKE SURE YOU WERE A HELMET

Cheers for the replies.
    RubyK wrote: »
    What resort are you going to? I'm guessing Laganas??

Zakynthos is really very reasonable. A pint/large bottle of Mythos or Alpha will cost between €2 - €2.50. Imported beers will cost more, but the local beer is really nice :pac:

Foodwise, you'll get a really nice main course for anything between €6.50 and €10. A gyros (a real must!) is only about €1.80 - it's a traditional Greek kebab, served in pitta. Delish!

If you are going on any tours, just shop around. There's good deals to be had.

Enjoy Zakynthos, it's a really lovely island, with very friendly locals, who'll be very glad of your business :D

Will have to check out the local beer although I don't drink most drinks :o
    Foodwise I usually like stuff from abroad so just hoping for the best :D
    Don't think there will be many tours as it's a leaving cert holiday but it's a possibility alright.
    Just hope the locals will still like us towards the end of the holiday :p
    scudzilla wrote: »
    We'll be goin there for 3rd time on Sept 3rd.

It's pretty cheap alright, in Laganas cocktails are around 2.50 each, dearer in the bigger clubs.
    There's an Irish bar, up some stairs on top of some shops, avoid it like the plague, drinks are real dear.

If ya wanna do a trip you MUST go on the Yellow submarine, around 15euro for an hour, first 30mins is spent underwater watchin the loggerhead turtles (Zante is there nesting ground), second 30 mins on deck watchin them from above.

If ya want a quieter more chilled night out, maybe a touch cheaper too, go to Kalamaki, 2 miles away.

Also, if ya gonna hire quads MAKE SURE YOU WERE A HELMET

Cocktails sound great for that price.
    I reckon the lads will wanna check out the irish bar but I will warn them anyways.
    Some of us are staying in Kalamaki so will probably be up there during the day.
    I've heard some stories about them quads also so will just have to wait and see.

Thanks again lads. Any other opinions greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Take a walk over to Cameo Island. It costs €4 (afair) and you get a free drink. Lovely chilled out place, to swim, sunbath and enjoy a few drinks, listening to music.

From talking to locals, they warned us against hiring quads. They've seen too many sorry folks, who've come off on the windy roads.

RubyK wrote: »
    Take a walk over to Cameo Island. It costs €4 (afair) and you get a free drink. Lovely chilled out place, to swim, sunbath and enjoy a few drinks, listening to music.

From talking to locals, they warned us against hiring quads. They've seen too many sorry folks, who've come off on the windy roads.

Might take a walk there actually :)

Yeah I've heard of people regretting getting one so I think I'll probably pass on them. Want this to be a holiday to remember for the good reasons :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Cheers for the replies.

Will have to check out the local beer although I don't drink most drinks :o
    Foodwise I usually like stuff from abroad so just hoping for the best :D
    Don't think there will be many tours as it's a leaving cert holiday but it's a possibility alright.
    Just hope the locals will still like us towards the end of the holiday :p

Cocktails sound great for that price.
    I reckon the lads will wanna check out the irish bar but I will warn them anyways.
    Some of us are staying in Kalamaki so will probably be up there during the day.
    I've heard some stories about them quads also so will just have to wait and see.

Thanks again lads. Any other opinions greatly appreciated.

Where you stayin in Kalamaki? As you're there take a wander to Down Under, cool bar/club run by an aussie called Nick, 4hrs all ya can drink for 25Euro ;);)

Now there's a bargain, includes all cocktails, only in little half pint glasses though, so just ask if ya canhave them in pints ;)

Advertisement