Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was dismissed in december now looking to back to college

Options
  • 09-07-2010 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi wanted to post anonymous for this. Just wondering, if I was dismissed from their job back on December 7th 09 would i be entitled to get BTEA in sept? I know its not really a work issue as such but I don't want to post on student finance as it wouldn't let me go anon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hi thanks so much. i think i might be short the 234 non-working days by about 15 or 20 days which is a bummer but i did go on FAS in meantime and got 4.5 prsi credits which might amount to something in the end. i have a few unemployed days from 2004 and 2006 which might also help

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

I was let go may 09, i know a few people who worked with me who ended up in ul sept 09 on btea. They were not unemployed 1 year but could have been something to do with filling up places on courses.

I think the only place that can tell you for sure is social welfare office.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

If anyone has any other info on this, it'd be great. I was let go in March of this year but the social welfare has said I cant get BTEA as I'll only be 6 months unemployed when course starts. I asked if there was a way to appeal but was told no, rules are rules!

I'm guaranteed a place on my course, and it is the final yr to complete my honours degree, does anyone know of anyone I could talk to that could influence the decision? ANyone besides the REALLY unhelpful person behind the BTEA desk in Social Welfare office!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭AvaKinder

AFAIK if you were made redudant you don't have to be the full 9 months unemployed before getting BTEA.

• Advertisement
Advertisement