If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a new TV (40'' plus)

Options
  • 10-07-2010 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I only recently stumbled about your section on boards. I used to buy some hifi stuff and blank media in Richersounds on the quays in Dublin years ago, and was disappointed when you closed up.

Anyway enough of the nostalgia...

I have a 32inch Samsung LCD at the moment that Ive had since 2006 and its time to upgrade. I have high ceilings and the 32inch really looks quite small to be honest so ill be looking for something larger that 40inches. Id prefer 42inch or if you have an amazing price Id love something larger.;)

I want 1080p, minimum of 2 hdmi inputs and something good for PS3 and HD sports.

Im not too fussy on brands so long as its reputable. I am kind of in the dark about the whole LCD/PLASMA debate so if you could shed some light on that too. Ive always been under the impression that Plasmas were bad news for some reason ( not sure why )

Im on a tight budget so whats the best boards price you can give me? (euro price please) and how much delivery to Dublin?

Thanks guys, Looking forward to your reply.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi U2gooner

Yeah the Richer Sounds in Dublin was an aladdins cave of AV treasures:)
    Dont forget they are still in action in Belfast - www.richersounds.ie

We have a variety of options for you in The Philips Shop

Check out the STAR of the range so far - the 40PFL7605H
    Its a fantastic TV and should more than meet your needs.
    1080P
    Pixel Precise HD image processing engine
    100Hz refresh rate
    2ms response Time
    LED Edge Lit LCD panel with 500000:1 contrast ratio
    4x HDMI
    2x SCART
    1x USB and VGA
    plus more connections - you'll run out of things to plug into this TV before you run out of inputs...
    Ambilight Spectra 2
    Wired NET TV

check it out here -
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/40PFL7605h_12_pss_eng.pdf

This all adds up to a very impressive image on screen (and a sexy TV to boot:))

We sell this for €1299.99 in store but you can take 10% off this €1169.99 today.

Or try this, the 40PFL5605H

http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/40pfl5605h_05_pss_eng.pdf

This TV is part of the 5000 series range and does away with things like Net TV and ambilight
    Its and LED Backlit TV and also a 1080p set
    It has 3 HDMI and 1x SCART inputs

It is a very good set for the money - especially now its been reduced to €899.99!

I have both of these on display in the shop and you can check out other options on our website - www.philipsshop.ie

There is nothing "bad news" about Plasma TV's its just that LCD TV's have pretty much dominated the market with only a few Plasma TV's on sale now. There are a few good examples of this tech to be found - Richer in Belfast can guide you here. Philips concentrate on LCD in its various forms

With the introduction of LED back lighting to LCD sets this has really helped improve the performance of these TV's - far better blackes, higher contrast ratios and reduced power consumption to name 3 improvements over the previous generation of LCD's

Hope this is of a little help (and temptation:D)

I can be reached on 01 474 0788 if youd like to discuss any points.

Have a good one

Cheers
    Ash

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

u2gooner wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I only recently stumbled about your section on boards. I used to buy some hifi stuff and blank media in Richersounds on the quays in Dublin years ago, and was disappointed when you closed up.

Anyway enough of the nostalgia...

I have a 32inch Samsung LCD at the moment that Ive had since 2006 and its time to upgrade. I have high ceilings and the 32inch really looks quite small to be honest so ill be looking for something larger that 40inches. Id prefer 42inch or if you have an amazing price Id love something larger.;)

I want 1080p, minimum of 2 hdmi inputs and something good for PS3 and HD sports.

Im not too fussy on brands so long as its reputable. I am kind of in the dark about the whole LCD/PLASMA debate so if you could shed some light on that too. Ive always been under the impression that Plasmas were bad news for some reason ( not sure why )

Im on a tight budget so whats the best boards price you can give me? (euro price please) and how much delivery to Dublin?

Thanks guys, Looking forward to your reply.

U2,

Never too much nostalgia! I probably served you myself in the old Dublin RS store (yep that's how old I am - there since day one 1993 :eek:)

To be honest that 7605 is pretty exceptional - we have it on display in RS Belfast with all it's competitors & it blows pretty much everything else away! However the 5605 is also excellent - to get an LED at that price is reallly good & I think we are doing Boardies an extra 10% in the Philips Shop until the 10th so it would be just £649.95 / €809.99

We also have the excellent LG 42LD450 available from stock at £469.95 / €569.99 or the really excellent (LED again) LG 42LE5300 which is a really beautiful set at just £699.95 / €849.99

Of course all of these models are both full HD & 100hz!

If you were looking for Plasma (and I'm a Plasma fan to be honest) we have the LG 42PK350 from just £399.95 / €489.99.

Keep us posted if we can assist on any of these - we will always do our best!

Thanks again,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.