Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which if any, gaming podcasts do you listen to?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yep, I have a weekly batch that I download. Don't always get to listen to them though.

Giant Bombcast is my current favourite. Always 2 hours or longer, and good fun.

Eurogamer (which you've already linked to)

Three Red Lights - an Xbox Podcast on IGN.

4 Guys 1 Up (main podcast on 1up.com)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,437 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Retronauts is the only one I listen to regularly and it's by far the best gaming podcast going. Also listen to ATB but you need to be very into your RPGs.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I tried retronauts last year, but thought it was a bit dry and dull.
    I might try it again to see if its improved...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I've tried listening to a few, but don't really find any game journos charismatic or interesting enough to hold my interest... Might give some of the above another chance though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I just listen to blue plz now tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

http://majornelson.com/ - offical xbox podcast

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

tman wrote: »
    I've tried listening to a few, but don't really find any game journos charismatic or interesting enough to hold my interest... Might give some of the above another chance though

Eurogamer's presenters are ok. The host is pretty knowledgable as well as some of the contributors. Theres a guy on the GamesRadar podcast that I believe is under contract to squeeze in at least 5 knob jokes per show! :D

I think the most you can hope for is for the presenters to have abit of a laugh while doing it. Some of them do, while others are bone dry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

I listen to the Giantbombcast exclusively. Have dabbled in others since I started listening to it when it first came out, but none of the ones I have tried seem to have the same sense of fun as the giantbombcast.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,437 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Mr E wrote: »
    I tried retronauts last year, but thought it was a bit dry and dull.
    I might try it again to see if its improved...

Once Shane Battenhausen comes on board it's pure gold. Unfortunately he's not working at 1up anymore. Speaking of which the old 1up yours podcast was brilliant as well but once shane battenhausen Luke Smith and John Davison left it was never as good. They used to antagonise the hell out of each other and Luke Smith was filthy. Must give Giantbomb a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

My full list of podcasts - mostly gaming-related:

podcastlist.jpg

(1UP Yours changed its name to 4 Guys 1UP and then, most recently, to In This Thread. Tbh it's probably not worth listening to at the moment... I've been giving the new crew time to find their stride but it's not great atm.)

I've stopped listening to the Gamerdork podcast, Drunken Gamers and Sarcastic Gamer (Brown). Will probably give up on Sarcastic Gamer (Pink) too.

Citizen Game is pretty good,with a good sense of humour. Couple of boardsies on it as well.

Favourites are probably Idle Thumbs and Giant Bombcast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

I listen to a few of the IGN podcasts, I enjoy Game Scoop particularly, a good mix of actual news and silliness. I also listen to the GoNintendo podcast.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Once Shane Battenhausen comes on board it's pure gold. Unfortunately he's not working at 1up anymore. Speaking of which the old 1up yours podcast was brilliant as well but once shane battenhausen Luke Smith and John Davison left it was never as good. They used to antagonise the hell out of each other and Luke Smith was filthy. Must give Giantbomb a go.

Shane is on ep. 15 of the Shacknews podcast 'Weekend Confirmed', since you love him so much. ;) It's hosted by Garnett.

Old 1UP Yours was great, started listening around the time Luke was leaving. I really respected John Davison's opinions. Now 1UP's The Oddcast (which is the successor to the, not great, EGM Live) is better than the 1UP Yours successor (entitled In This Thread)

Fnz wrote: »
    My full list of podcasts - mostly gaming-related:

podcastlist.jpg

What program are u using to organise your podcasts?

It doesn't look like itunes or winamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

it media monkey http://www.mediamonkey.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Giantbombcast is ace

dunworth1 wrote: »

Yup, it's MediaMonkey. Started using it as an alternative to Creative's music transfer software (which would install, like, 5 programs). Not as light as Foobar but is now my main audio player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Eurogamer podcast
    PC gamer uk and us
    weekend confirmed
    Giant bombcast
    the hotspot
    Gamespot UK
    Grab the loot
    Bobby Backwolf show ( until he stopped updating the feed)
    Citizen game podcast
    Rebel Fm
    The gamespy debriefings (this has got a lot better since they let Scott Bromley loose on it)
    Some of the 1up podcasts : oddcast, 4guys1up (The 1up stuff has gone down hill a bit of late).

I tried a life well wasted but I thought it took itself far too seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I only listen to noobtoob (it's on youtube every monday)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I listen to :
    The GiantBombcast
    Weekend Confirmed
    Rebel FM

I miss 1Up Yours.

There's no one really at 1up to replace the characters it used to have. Jeremy Parish really knows his stuff but he's a bit dry when he hasn't got battenhausen being an arrogant prick. They should let the girls on the podcast since they seem like a bit of fun. Still I don't think they will ever beat Jen Frank and her talking about how Ms. Pac means so much to her. When her grandad and mother orphaned her they left her in a bar with a stack of quarters at the ms. pac machine and left her there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Polar101

Gamespot UK podcast for me, it's usually entertaining enough to keep me awake during the commute on Thursdays. Quality varies a lot, but sometimes the guests are great.

Gamespot AU's equivalent seems all right too, don't like the US one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

GiantBomb and OneLifeLeft are my favourites. If I'm stuck, I'll listen to Joystiq, and if I'm really really stuck, Kotaku (Stephen Totilo makes me suicidal the way he drones on).

When her grandad and mother orphaned her they left her in a bar with a stack of quarters at the ms. pac machine and left her there.

What!?!

Could you link that tale... or expound on it?

Well thinking about it it was actually on retronauts when she said it but yeah it was a weird episode. She killed her grandads dog which was the final nail in the coffin (it had a bad heart and she ran after it and it had a heartattack).

I had a look through the retronauts archive but can't find anything that stands out as that episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Kotaku Talk Radio is the only one I listen to regularly, as it's the only one with actual game developer interviews rather than just opinions. If I'm looking for something more I'll listen to the GiantBombcast too. All others I've tried to listen to seem to consist of 2+ hours of self-important journalists talking over each other.

I used to listen to 1Up's podcast too until the desire to strangle Garnett Lee proved too much.

I had a look through the retronauts archive but can't find anything that stands out as that episode.

Thanks for looking - abandoned in a bar by your mother and grandparent... that's a messed up story!

Yeaha few episodes later Jeremy Parish comments on how weird an episode it was :) She always seemed a bit strange when I used to get EGM andshe wrote for them but now I know why!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Giantbombcast of course and although its not entirely game related the rooster teeth Drunktank

Yeaha few episodes later Jeremy Parish comments on how weird an episode it was :) She always seemed a bit strange when I used to get EGM andshe wrote for them but now I know why!

Jen Frank had a really annoying voice. She is hype on some podcasts

• Advertisement

Jen Frank had a really annoying voice. She is hype on some podcasts

Get out of here, thought her voice was very sexy!

Advertisement