Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Example of a proper proud dad...

Options
  • 10-07-2010 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

I have my little one from tomorrow until Tues eve. I am so looking forward to it. She lights up my life. I also enhance her life via our treasured contact, I make the most of it due to previous answers of posters on here, thanks for that guys.

She is beautiful and happy go lucky in her way because of the lack of conflict despite the separation of her parents. I am a bloody good father and parent, my daughter has benefited by this and I have as well.

I am one of the lucky ones as a separated dad, so is she as a child in all this. It just works for the betterment of her and me. She makes my day with little hugs and random spontaneous kisses.

"Best girl in the world" 'I tells her' as much as she tells me I am the "best dad in the world". I love her to bits I really do. *Wipes tear from eye as I write this.

I am so looking forward to our time together little miss. See you soon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Lovely Deliverance. As a mum, I know exactly how you feel. I was only thinking this yesterday about my own little fella, and about how much he adds to my life....enjoy your time with your daughter:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

That is lovely deliverance! I think that you are very special dad material, especially as you take the Advice we giv e you!!

As I am sure everyone else as well as me is winging it as we go along! Enjoy every minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

That's lovely Deliverance. Treasure every moment you get :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Thanks all. My daughter phoned me the other night she told me how she had a lovely time. I see other threads of hardships and issues in the meantime and only wish that such folks dads and moms in this case could have the same.

I don't ever question the potential angry moms motives because I think I partially know how hard it is to have a child as a part time parent.

I handed her back to her Mom and fell on the couch with blessed uninterupted sleep. That was actually amazing, but I awoke at times with imaginary cries of 'DAD'. Once I realised that my little one was not there I treasured the oncoming soft pillow with a sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Really, tears to my eyes.
    Enjoy her, little pet!

• Advertisement

cathy01 wrote: »
    Really, tears to my eyes.
    Enjoy her, little pet!

She is beautiful, I stand by her as her dad. My ex told me in a text after the call that my little girl said to tell me... 'My Dad is lucky because I love him'. Only a child could make a statement like that;)

She is so right:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

sorry to rain on your parade, but when I read the title of the post I though you were talking about someone you know. Calling yourself a 'proper proud' dad screams of a big head...I'm not saying you necessarily have one ;)

also it's lovely that you have such a good relationship with your daughter now when she's small, I just hope you will keep it up when she gets older. That you'll recognise when your little girls is growing up and treat her with love and respect she deserves and not in the same way as a tiny toddler.

good luck :-)

ebmma wrote: »
    sorry to rain on your parade, but when I read the title of the post I though you were talking about someone you know. Calling yourself a 'proper proud' dad screams of a big head...I'm not saying you necessarily have one ;)

also it's lovely that you have such a good relationship with your daughter now when she's small, I just hope you will keep it up when she gets older. That you'll recognise when your little girls is growing up and treat her with love and respect she deserves and not in the same way as a tiny toddler.

good luck :-)
    Just to clarify for you: I am 'proper proud' purely in the sense of being proud of my daughter. To put proper in a sentence: I am 'proper proud' of her.

She does test me though. she has the same argumentative personality I have. If she does not get a satisfying answer then she will argue her point in her own way none stop untill she is satisfied. She will be a nightmare as a teen I know.

I will try to keep up as I age;)

Advertisement