Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing/adding internal DVD drive

Options
  • 10-07-2010 6:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭

I got some new drum software for my comp yesterday, tried to load it onto the comp to install it but the dvd drive was having none of it, it tried to load the data with the lil' cd symbol popping up for a second but to no avail

the drive itself has been a bit dodgy during playback of some dvd/cd media, but its not completly awol, it does load cdr's and some other stuff, but just not some dvds... no driver issues or anything it seems

any issues around this or i should try, or is the drive just crapped out? about 4-5 years old at that...

anyways there is an expansion bay on the desktop and space for another dvd drive and i was just going to add an internal dvd drive so... is there anything in particular ive to look out for in getting one of these drives and are they as easy to install as a pci card? (only with some wires involved) but should everything be available once i open the comp up to hook up the new drive?

i figure it should be since there is an option to expand it! ...but yeah any help appreciated!

Comments

Advertisement