Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raleigh Airlite vs Giant Rapid

• 10-07-2010 9:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey,
    Looking at a bike for bike2work scheme. Had my eye on both Raleigh SF3.0 and Giant Rapid 1. Price wise they seem about the same, but on paper Raleigh seems to have better specs.

Don't know huge amount about bikes so wondering if anyone can advise? I have heard that Raleigh aren't as good as they used to be, but does it matter if they're using the same components

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 foothhurl

You should check out the Trek 2 2010 as well great bike...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

bike2work wrote: »
    Hey,
    Looking at a bike for bike2work scheme. Had my eye on both Raleigh SF3.0 and Giant Rapid 1. Price wise they seem about the same, but on paper Raleigh seems to have better specs.

Don't know huge amount about bikes so wondering if anyone can advise? I have heard that Raleigh aren't as good as they used to be, but does it matter if they're using the same components

Try a test ride with both and see.

Personally would go with the Giant based on the fact the Raleigh is well..... bit of a minger in the looks dept :-).

That and I def know the Giant Rapid is a quality bike with great reviews.

Again try both and see which you prefer. The Raleigh does have disk brakes and a carbon fork over the Rapid, the Rapid is prob lighter though and is known to be very comfortable bike to cycle over long distance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

The Giant also has a carbon fork. Main diifference is the brakes, I'd say the Giant is lighter. Only way to know is to try them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bike2work

Cheers for the advice. Had a go on the Rapid and it feels very light and smooth. Seems like their range of Rapid bikes is getting great reviews so will probably go for that one.

Advertisement