Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cycling stuff in aldi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭tomo536

the quality of the stuff is not bad.I have bought some stuff and was happy enough with it

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

thank you tomo

Just noticed that was your first post on boards tomo. Welcome and enjoy the ride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭ColSheehan

Hey :)
    - I bought the cycling glasses last time in Aldi, have to say they are really great, no problems whatsoever with them

- The foot pump I would advise you to get, I find it really great and for a fiver its a great buy !!

- Not quite sure about the computer, I have one that was bought in aldi back in March I think, and have no problems with it.

- Personally I wouldn't get the lock, as it doesn't look reliable at all imo..

- I bought the gel saddle cover last time around as well, nice and comfy I must admit :)

- The brake pads look like the ones I bought in halfords for my hybrid bike, gonna pick up a packet anyway :)

- Not sure about the bike lift.. if you would like one I'd say buy it :)

thanks for the reply

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭SubLuminal

I bought the computer - liking it so far

thoughts/musings/review here

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=66858645#post66858645

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Be very interested to hear if anybody had something to test the gauge on the pump against.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The lock looked well made and handy but the cable in it was horrifically thin, doubt it would have been much stronger than fishing line, got some brake pads for my hybrid as well though, dirt cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

is the pump any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

I bought the last lot of cycling glasses and found them a bit **** tbh. Lens is awkward to change around. These look a bit better this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

I got the pump but more or less failed to use it on my presta valved bike. Air seeped out the schrader valve at first so I pushed the head further onto the valve at which time it stopped inflating the tire altogether. Then it was pretty difficult to get the thing off so after I did I kicked it to the corner of the room and used my old pump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Anything else on the pump? I need a new one and I'm considering it for a fiver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i had to deflate my tire and push the head down on the valve to get the pump working right, and once i got it working i had uber hard tires on my bike in no time at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Bought a pair of the multi lense sports glasses from Lidl today.
    For 5 bucks you cant go wrong buying a pair or two!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭SubLuminal

Bought a pair of the multi lense sports glasses from Lidl today.
    For 5 bucks you cant go wrong buying a pair or two!

Unless you already require glasses..like me ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Bought a pump myself, does the job

Advertisement