Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADSL2 and Recently Enabled Exchanges. A Question.

• 10-07-2010 11:44am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

Can someone with access to the eircom wholesale database confirm whether ADSL2 products are available form the following exchanges. These are 24mbit Residential and 12/1 12/2 and 24/1 Business products.

I am wondering whether certain exchanges are getting second hand ADSL1 gear from urban exchanges that got ADSL2 upgrades you see. If anybody has the complete up to date exchange list form eircom wholesale can they PM it to me in confidence , thanks.

Exchanges

Kerry

CastlegregoryHeadford
    Knocknagoshel
    Sneem

Galway

Ballygar
    Leenane
    Menlough

Limerick

Fedamore
    Hospital
    Murroe

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭zeris

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Limerick

Fedamore
    Hospital
    Murroe

Fedamore - No ADSL2+
    Hospital - Is ADSL2+ enabled
    Murroe - Is ADSL2+ enabled

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Thanks Zeris, still looking for that list if anyone has it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

Thanks Zeris, still looking for that list if anyone has it.

does anyone know if the eircom Drogheda exchange dbc12 is adsl2+ enabled?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

It was one of the exchanges with ADSL2+ from the original rollout as it (was) one of the biggest exchanges in Ireland. I'm not so sure about the Drogheda AEH (DAHA) exchange which probably serves up to a couple of thousand lines which were formerly covered by the DBCA exchange. But that's a small area of Drogheda.

It was one of the exchanges with ADSL2+ from the original rollout as it (was) one of the biggest exchanges in Ireland. I'm not so sure about the Drogheda AEH (DAHA) exchange which probably serves up to a couple of thousand lines which were formerly covered by the DBCA exchange. But that's a small area of Drogheda.

eircom told me today that DBC12 is only ADSL1 and has not been upgraded to adsl2/2+

• Advertisement

That list is from 2008 TBC, and thanks. I am interested in the most recent crop, those upgraded in 2010 in the main.

Does anybody have the latest eircom wholesale list where certain exchanges are marked with a * for adsl2 ????? PM it to me please. Thanks.

It may be that certain small recently enabled exchanges have very little backhaul and are therefore being constrained to ADSL1 offerings only ( up to 8mbits) . I am fact checking , that is all.

That list is from 2008 TBC, and thanks. I am interested in the most recent crop, those upgraded in 2010 in the main.

Does anybody have the latest eircom wholesale list where certain exchanges are marked with a * for adsl2 ????? PM it to me please. Thanks.
    I was posting that list for ingen's benefit, hence my apologies.

I was posting that list for ingen's benefit, hence my apologies.

thanks for the info...got some sort of breakthrough myself too, eircom took an order to connect me to CLXA exchange, they said no problem, if it gets connected to CLXA it will reduce my line length by over 50%..

i am 1.7km from that exchange, I think if i get connected i will get 12-15mb?

cheers

• Advertisement

Colpe Cross for you so Ingen, you must be out the old Dublin Road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

edit -
    Bit off topic that, sorry :(
    Replied it into my other thread

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

has the Dunshaughlin exchange been upgraded to ADSL2+?
    I havent heard anything about an upgrade to it but since this week Eircom 12mb options are now coming up for all Dunshaughlin numbers. Im wondering is this an error in their database or is it really now and ADSL2 exchange.

Advertisement