Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toddler recipes

• 10-07-2010 12:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭

Following on from this thread - http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055851411&highlight=recipe&page=2

I have recently started adding milled linseed ( also called flax seed) and ground sunflower and pumpkin seeds to Bridgets food. I stir it into her yogurt or smoothies and sprinkle it on her pasta etc. It's very tasty and full to the brim of goodness. I have started sprinkling it on my own food too :D.

Great iron content and good source of calcium, zinc, magnesium, selenium etc. Also fantastic source of fibre, protein and essential omega 3, 6 and 9. The ala's in the omaga 3 are converted by the body to dha which is brain food for babies. You can get it from fish and omega3 eggs too but this is so easy. :)

One thing to watch out for is the additonal fibre which means extra water should always be offered. It can make the stools more solid. This is not a problem for Bridget as she is crazy for fruit.

There are great recipes on this site too as well as additonal nutritonal information. I have googled extensively and it is safe for toddlers although 1 tablespoon per day is plenty. I like the breakfast granola recipe and am going to cut it down and try it soon.

And good news is I got it buy 1 get 1 half price in Holland and Barret yesterday and this offer runs until the 15th July.

Going to go back and get the goji berry one too.

Advertisement