Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Pet Shop in Swords (Reptiles)

Options
  • 10-07-2010 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭

Just been to a new pet shop in Swords

It's called Fins Fur Feather and is situated on the Seatown Business Campus (Driving towards swords, come up to woodies roundabout but 100yards before on left is a turn, take that, it's 300 yards in business park on right)

Has loads of fish and reptiles, the guy there seemed very helpful, we ordered a 12kg bag of Royal Canin Bioxer Junior, he said he would be cheaper than anywhere else, 58euro for 12kg + 2kg free, so 14kg, now that's a result.

Don't know much about reptiles but he's got loads of snakes & lizards, also there's a (Bird catching??) spider there, it's as big as my fist, and i have VERY BIG fists!!!

*I HAVE NO AFFILIATION WHATSOEVER WITH THIS SHOP, JUST A HAPPY CUSTOMER WHO WANTS TO PASS ON SOME GREAT DEALS**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Satyr_The_Great

if he doesnt know much about snakes or reptiles then he should not be keeping them or selling them in the shop. The reptiles are almost garunteed to suffer as a result of his or their lack of knowledge on them.
    The spider you mentioned id a Goliath Bird Eating Tarantula.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

if he doesnt know much about snakes or reptiles then he should not be keeping them or selling them in the shop. The reptiles are almost garunteed to suffer as a result of his or their lack of knowledge on them.

Now where did i say he doesn't know much about snakes or reptiles?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 kalie

I think he ment to say he didn't know much about reptiles not the petshop.

Its a very nice petshop and i found the guy very helpfull. My friends son went to austrailla and left her with his piranha's, which she didn't like at all, so i asked if they'd take them. They couldn't be more helpfull and gave her a nice amount for them.

I've seen that spider... its huuugggee :D

scudzilla wrote: »
    Just been to a new pet shop in Swords

It's called Fins Fur Feather and is situated on the Seatown Business Campus (Driving towards swords, come up to woodies roundabout but 100yards before on left is a turn, take that, it's 300 yards in business park on right)

Has loads of fish and reptiles, the guy there seemed very helpful, we ordered a 12kg bag of Royal Canin Bioxer Junior, he said he would be cheaper than anywhere else, 58euro for 12kg + 2kg free, so 14kg, now that's a result.

Don't know much about reptiles but he's got loads of snakes & lizards, also there's a (Bird catching??) spider there, it's as big as my fist, and i have VERY BIG fists!!!

*I HAVE NO AFFILIATION WHATSOEVER WITH THIS SHOP, JUST A HAPPY CUSTOMER WHO WANTS TO PASS ON SOME GREAT DEALS**

i should rephrase that to I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT REPTILES!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭yeroulfella

is there a website???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

No there is not, and the directions are if you are coming to Swords off the M1 southbound, if coming from the south, you need to go through the Seatown Roundabout then do a uturn at the next Roundabout and look for a sign for the petshop to turn off, it's tricky enough to see.

nouggatti wrote: »
    No there is not, and the directions are if you are coming to Swords off the M1 southbound, if coming from the south, you need to go through the Seatown Roundabout then do a uturn at the next Roundabout and look for a sign for the petshop to turn off, it's tricky enough to see.

Thanks, I went up tonight to see if I could see it but couldnt, Got a leaflet in the door the other day but threw it out :( it had directions on it. thought it was beside woodies but must have remembered wrong

Thanks, I went up tonight to see if I could see it but couldnt, Got a leaflet in the door the other day but threw it out :( it had directions on it. thought it was beside woodies but must have remembered wrong

The directions on the leaflet were pretty dire

Go across the Seatown roundabout (Woodies) towards lissenhall, up to the next roundabout and turn back on yourself.
    About 150 yards before you get back to the Woodies roundabout is a left turn, take it.

Drive down there, prob about 500 yards, on right is industrial estate, turn in and sharp left, it's there

scudzilla wrote: »
    The directions on the leaflet were pretty dire

Go across the Seatown roundabout (Woodies) towards lissenhall, up to the next roundabout and turn back on yourself.
    About 150 yards before you get back to the Woodies roundabout is a left turn, take it.

Drive down there, prob about 500 yards, on right is industrial estate, turn in and sharp left, it's there

Cheers, I turned and went past woodies along that road. I was going to walk to it glad I didnt and wont be either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Wolfsberg

I know this was due to a misunderstanding but I have to say this made me laugh! I have worked with Gavin in the past and I know him very well. I have to say I haven't come across very many that know as much about reptiles as he does. I would almost say he is on a par with Ben Lyons. As for fish... his knowledge is almost painful! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I went here today with the bf, and it was a lovely experience.

Sybil the Boa is in the reception in a big enclosure, with an explanation of her lifestyle and needs. There is a big monitor (think that's the right spelling :) ) above her.

All of the various reptiles are in nice enclosures with lots of light and stimulation, and for almost all of them there are lovely explanations of what they are and their needs.

The staff were lovely, I've a bearded dragon, and they'd a pile of beardie babies and an adult, they chatted away about all the reptiles, answered any queries I had about reptiles I didn't know about, and when I wanted to buy shedding aid for the dragon told me it really wasn't necessary, and to give him a bath, at which we'd a good laugh at him not liking baths :)

They also do multi deals on live food if you buy three boxes you get a discount.

Lovely shop, I'll definitely be going back and I wish them the best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

+1 for Gavin. Vast knowledge of fish, especially tanganyika/malawi cichlids.

Great shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭antocann

nouggatti wrote: »
    they'd a pile of beardie babies and an adult, they chatted away about all the reptiles,

wow there some bearded dragons lol:D

Advertisement