Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eating out in Cavan

Options
  • 10-07-2010 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Ive just booked a night in the Radisson Farnham Estate in Cavan and I think we might eat out on the night were staying...so im looking for somewhere decent, near enough to the hotel and reasonably priced....any suggestions???

Regards :D:p:o:P:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭65bl

Bear in mind that the Radisson is outside Cavan town. Even the driveway in is a good walk so you will need car/taxi!! Be prepared to travel a few miles.
    I can recommend the Olde Post Inn in Cloverhill (about 5-6miles from the Radisson)

bl

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Side Door. Close and not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Mise123

Yes agree with both suggestionabove but again will need a taxi back into Cavan after.The Big Apple is very nice too and is attached to a good pub for a drink afterwards.

(Would think The Olde Post is more like 12 miles form Cavan, No?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Anchabhan1

Little Sicily is good and its not expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Johnny T

Restaurants are not great in Cavan town.
    Side Door, Drumalee and Big Apple, Church St. are both ok, and Ko's do a great Chinese on upper Main St. That's about it.

Personally I'd stay in the Radisson. Botanic restaurant there is top class.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭iverjohnston

Try Nobby at the Oak Room. Top class food
    Iver

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Was in the Black Horse yesterday. Fantastic steak and the place is very nice.

Advertisement