Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just-eat online takeaway

Options
  • 10-07-2010 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭

I had a voucher for just-eat and it was my first time using it. Everything went well and I paid by credit-card. Living here in Tramore there were three takeaways on the list and these places have the just-eat logo on their window. When I went to the Indian takeaway the owner was upset because if he had taken the call from Just-Eat he would not have accepted the order. But as the order was taken in by a member of his staff he had to honor it. The owner said that he rarely got orders this way and he had found that as the credit card payment went to Just-Eat that they were very slow in paying him.

So what I want to know is does anyone use this service in Waterford. I don't how the other two takeaways in Tramore take to accepting orders from Just-Eat noting that they have the logo on their window.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

OP, based on my experience with Just-Eat, I find that it can be hit and miss. For instance, last weekend, I ordered from a restaurant that said they delivered to D8. However, our order was declined as our location wasn't covered in their delivery zone. I've had similar incidents before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭dacookie

Its grand in dublin, the rest I am unsure of.I would just make sure to order from popular places who use it and I think you will be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

dudara wrote: »
    OP, based on my experience with Just-Eat, I find that it can be hit and miss. For instance, last weekend, I ordered from a restaurant that said they delivered to D8. However, our order was declined as our location wasn't covered in their delivery zone. I've had similar incidents before.

I wonder would it be the same restaurant that my order was declined from... It's in Dublin 10 and had Dublin 15 as a delivery zone but declined it because it was too far.

Advertisement