Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

gatorskins

• 10-07-2010 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

the gatorskin on the back of my bike has small bumps/bulges on the side wall ,other that the tyres are in good nick .you would barley notice them all ,3 .

are they safe .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

A sidewall bulge means a weak spot. It will blow out at some point leaving you stranded. Don't put a tyre like that on the front or you're asking for a crash.

I've had two blowouts in the last year. The front wheel one was on the commute home but caused me to crash. The rear wheel one was on a 100km organised sportive so I got a replacement tyre from the broomwagon. Had I been out alone I'd have been facing a long walk home...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,805 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Yeah, definitely don't put a tyre with a sidewall defect on the front wheel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

tomasrojo wrote: »
    Yeah, definitely don't put a tyre with a sidewall defect on the front wheel.

thinking of changing it .i e mailed wiggle to see is there a problem with them .thanks jw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,805 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Have you got a digital camera or camera phone? Post a picture here, just so we can confirm that it's a sidewall defect.

Advertisement