Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairdresser disaster

Options
  • 10-07-2010 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I'm posting on behalf of my SIL here and I am fuming for her.
    She has been going to the same hairdresser for a few years, she regularly gets her roots dyed blonde. Today she went in and the girl dyed her roots BROWN instead of blonde. SIL noticed that the dye was dark instead of the usual white/blue paste but didn't say anything (she's only 18 and quite shy). One of the other girls noticed and pointed it out, but they didn't wash it out for another 15 minutes. They washed it out and kept her at the sink to put in a stronger bleach to counteract the brown, but then it started reacting with the brown and bubbling up.
    Her roots are blonde-ish now but it's not right. They apologied (barely) and still charged her, only taking €10 off the price.
    She phoned me and I told her that she shold do something about it. She phoned them and they said she could come in on Tuesday to fix it FOC.

I don't think this is good enough. I think she should be getting her money back, and should be getting her hair treated, as it has been damaged by being dyed twice in the same day. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

They said they'll fix it for free.

What's the problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

SIL?

Maybe they mistook her for this guy:
    SILVIODANTE.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

She would have something to complain about if all her hair fell out. :eek:

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Tell her to go back the next day they are open, and speak to the manager. She should bring someone with her if she isnt confident to argue her case. She needs to explain how unhappy she is, and what she wants by way of recompense (refund or hair treatment). See how the shop deal with that, and take it from there. The first thing to do, is make the complaint.

Advertisement