Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

car boot sale - furniture

• 10-07-2010 4:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My brother has bought a house recently and is looking to fill it on the cheap, so with that in mind is there a good car boot sale that does a decent few bits of furniture??

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Do you want info on any car boot sale from Louth to Wexford or would you like to be a bit more specific?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Sorry, he's in Dublin on the western end, so city centre / Blanchardstown / Kildare etc would be the optimal areas. Ones that usually have a semi-decent range of furniture would be good.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved to Dublin County West. HB

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Has he tried the Oxfam furniture shop in Francis St? Can usually pick up some good stuff there fairly cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Try Jumble Town for freebies.

You could also try the ad sites like done deal in the free sections too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

I am also looking for furniture Diceicle and wonder how you got on or if you found any car boot sales in Dublin that sell furniture?

I've been in Oxfam Furniture on Francis St many times and unfortunately the prices are ridiculous. For the smaller items you can buy new cheaper! It is good it you want a cheap second hand tv and don't mind the old big ones but table and chairs, sofas and small kitchen items are way overpriced for their condition. I always leave thinking 'I can't believe charity shops are now too expensive to shop in'. Some of the charity shops on Thomas St occasionally do furniture too.

After looking in Oxfam Furniture I did buy a great second hand sofa in a shop on Bridgefoot St just off Thomas St for under 100 but couldn't help thinking i would much prefer to have been able to buy it in a charity shop.

Advertisement