Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Fire

• 10-07-2010 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Was going down ballybeg yesterday and seen a house had been burned out. There was a squad car parked outside and the house was cordened off.
    Did any one hear what happened?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

cococoady wrote: »
    Was going down ballybeg yesterday and seen a house had been burned out. There was a squad car parked outside and the house was cordened off.
    Did any one hear what happened?
    My guess would be there was a fire and the house was burned out.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

My guess would be there was a fire and the house was burned out.

Well aren't u a comedian.

cococoady wrote: »
    Well aren't u a comedian.
    :pac:

If it was arson or something there'll most likely be a bit in the Waterford Today during the week anyway. If it was just a house fire you wouldn't hear any more of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

If it was just a house fire they would hardly have a cop sitting out the front in a squad car. I thought they only done that if a crime was committed.

Well they keep the guards around for a while to stop people going near the house. One of those "it could be unstable" precautions. If it's still cordoned off today, then it sounds like a crime or something. And now that I think of it, if it was arson or something, WLR would be saying "Last night Gardaí investigated a house fire......"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Well they keep the guards around for a while to stop people going near the house. One of those "it could be unstable" precautions. If it's still cordoned off today, then it sounds like a crime or something. And now that I think of it, if it was arson or something, WLR would be saying "Last night Gardaí investigated a house fire......"

I wouldn't count on it. I reckon WLR get most of their news off boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Chief Wigam

dayshah wrote: »
    I wouldn't count on it. I reckon WLR get most of their news off boards.ie

It was arson. This happened on Thursday night and was carried on WLR news all throughout Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ms MEL

It was petrol bombed, both the car and the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

http://www.wlrfm.ie/tabId/269/itemId/2864/Arson-attack-in-Ballybeg-Drive.aspx

From what i heard its two families with a past after getting back to their feuding (not travellers) and i cannot see it bein left at this arson either i fear more trouble to come from this , yet another feud in waterford :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭tc2010

Did these lads just get away on foot? So they petrol bombed a house and just ran up the road into another house and no one knows who they are?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

tc2010 wrote: »
    Did these lads just get away on foot? So they petrol bombed a house and just ran up the road into another house and no one knows who they are?

The familes know and most people around the areas know the family or individuals from the family involved in arson attack , im sure the gaurds know too but as usual cannot do anything for some stupid reason , so then it justs goes on until revenge is taken and its tit for tat from then on again.

Advertisement