Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audi dealership

• 10-07-2010 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭

i heard there last week that tom murphys had lost audi there claim due to restructoring with audi ireland but then was passing by where the old world of wonder was last night and saw a sign saying coming soon audi waterford and apparently its bolands have it whats the story there eh??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

yeah it is Bolands, they also got Renault in KK.

They are building a brand new Audi dealership on the Cork Rd, by B n Q i think.
    It will take around 18months to build from planning but should be amazing apparently

They always owned World Of Wonder anyway, so are just using that until the new purpose built dealership is built.

Im not 100% so wont name names, but I have heard they got another Car Dealership too, but not who or where it is.

I think T n C only got planning to be where they are for a few years, I think they have to move soon?
    I could be wrong aboiut that but I can vaguely remember reading something about that a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

no recession so as far as bolands are concerned then eh!!!they have it all now so!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭tc2010

Is Bolands cheaper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

So now Bolands can add Audi to there list of dealerships,talk about a monopoly,so they now have,BMW,Audi,Mini,Renault,Peugeot,Opel,Land Rover,Jeep,Mitsubishi,Hyundai,and thats just in Waterford...

• Advertisement

Hope they never do a Bob Tweedy.

Monopolies can be dangerous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Woodgate

So now Bolands can add Audi to there list of dealerships,talk about a monopoly,so they now have,BMW,Audi,Mini,Renault,Peugeot,Opel,Land Rover,Jeep,Mitsubishi,Hyundai,and thats just in Waterford...
    Not forgetting Honda, Volvo & Dodge.

perfect example E.P. Mooney in dublin they had a good portfolio of dealerships but went into liquidation not so long ago.

The current system is madness really, 20 odd marques most of which are one or two to a dealership. The dealers have to have outrageously posh facilities these days (part due to EU law) that cost a fortune in a city of 45,000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Woodgate wrote: »
    Not forgetting Honda, Volvo & Dodge.

Thanks,i knew there was one or two i couldn't think of...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

perfect example E.P. Mooney in dublin they had a good portfolio of dealerships but went into liquidation not so long ago.

No fear of it happening to Bolands, all Boland brothers have there own dealerships so i'm sure if anything ever happened one can bale the other out!

On a side note i heard recently that Bill keary is bringing Lexus to Waterford, apparantly owns land near Butlerstown roundabout near Bolands !

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭tonyagrey

According to all correspondance and letter to customers by Tom Murphy, Murphy's will remain the sales agent with servicing only going to Bolands.

Is this correct? It sounds like a strange setup if it is

Thats appears to be the set up and yep I agree its odd. Also servicing is where a lot of the money is these days as most cars are too complex to work on in a driveway!

tonyagrey wrote: »
    According to all correspondance and letter to customers by Tom Murphy, Murphy's will remain the sales agent with servicing only going to Bolands.

Is this correct? It sounds like a strange setup if it is
    Very strange set up! Why the big showroom then in world of wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭durrus

AFAIK Murphys will be losing the agency for the SALE of Audi cars on December 31st 2011. I assume Bolands will want to set up their stall as quickly as possible so the likelihood is they will try to commence establishing themselves as the incumbent straight away - even if that's just as the service agent.

Bolands will be selling Audi as soon as they open, but will be taking on service exclusively and by 1st Jan 2012, they will take over it all from Tom Murphy.

You can still buy a new Audi from TM up to 1 Jan 2012.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

savic04 wrote: »
    Bolands will be selling Audi as soon as they open, but will be taking on service exclusively and by 1st Jan 2012, they will take over it all from Tom Murphy.

You can still buy a new Audi from TM up to 1 Jan 2012.

Why would you with the service and warrenty cover provided by someone else. :confused:

Warranty is provided by Audi no matter where it was bought.

If you bought your Audi car in dublin and moved to cork, u don't have to go back to dub for work on it!

Same principal applies

Advertisement