Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Essential Guides & Tutorials

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

How much does that cost? Looks tiny compared to a Hauppage, might be a good replacement for it in my portable recording kit.
    A lot - is not cheap.. Would only get this if you want to do 1080p60 over HDMI as it's the only solution out there.
    I got mine from markertek.co.uk and set me back the bones of €400

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

DemoniK wrote: »
    A lot - is not cheap.. Would only get this if you want to do 1080p60 over HDMI as it's the only solution out there.
    I got mine from markertek.co.uk and set me back the bones of €400

The Hauppage will do me. :D

(My "portable" kit includes component cables for all consoles and a vga converter.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Trying to order the basic stuff online, don't trust Ebay personally.

Amazon will only ship me the RCA plugs, does anyone know of somewhere else where I can order the EasyCap and the splitters?

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

With the HD PVR can you record direct to an external harddrive, or does it need to be connected to a computer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

With the HD PVR can you record direct to an external harddrive, or does it need to be connected to a computer?
    Nope, you can choose wherever it records too... You will obviously just need to have the HDD connected while recording

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Cheers Tallon!

I'm still torn whether to buy the blackmagic intensity pro or the hdpvr..

I like the thought of just recording an external harddrive with the hdpvr, but it will limit me when it comes to streaming online.

With the blackmagic, I'm going to have to have the computer pretty close to the xbox, but it does record in full hd.

Cheers Tallon!

I'm still torn whether to buy the blackmagic intensity pro or the hdpvr..

I like the thought of just recording an external harddrive with the hdpvr, but it will limit me when it comes to streaming online.

With the blackmagic, I'm going to have to have the computer pretty close to the xbox, but it does record in full hd.

Why? I stream with the PVR!!

Also, noone watches full HD as apposed to 1080i

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

I tried a few vegas's even a portable one, but every time I import my file it freezes straight away. I guess it means my laptop isn't capable of running it?

I'd say I'll stick with the Windows Movie Maker for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

I actually got a video that has solved the problem!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJLw8HvOqYY&list=FLOusYoAgSqpZU7ebYZi1WFQ&

Vegas works sound for me so far now. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

The Total Media Extreme software that comes with the HD PVR had an update.

Now instead of being forced to capture in M2TS, you can capture in TS and MP4.

You could always do that :)

To must have had a really old version

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I notice that the advised PC capture software is Fraps. I've played round with the demo and got on grand, but I've been told the captured files can be huge in terms of GB. Is that true?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 sinbad269

I notice that the advised PC capture software is Fraps. I've played round with the demo and got on grand, but I've been told the captured files can be huge in terms of GB. Is that true?

Yes, and with good reason. To minimize the performance hit, FRAPS records in uncompressed a Raw MPEG codec in an .avi container. Meaning it impacts the game as little as possible

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ok, trying to set up the Hauppauge this morning. |Following the instructions and get to where it says to connect the box to the Xbox via the HDMI cable....only, my Xbox doesn't have a HDMI slot on the back. Apparently they only added them more recently than my last Xbox purchase.

So question is....am I stuck buying a new Xbox now? Can't see how any of the other wires would work :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ok, trying to set up the Hauppauge this morning. |Following the instructions and get to where it says to connect the box to the Xbox via the HDMI cable....only, my Xbox doesn't have a HDMI slot on the back. Apparently they only added them more recently than my last Xbox purchase.

So question is....am I stuck buying a new Xbox now? Can't see how any of the other wires would work :(

I assume you have a PVR 2 if you're talking HDMI.

Just follow the instructions for connecting to a PS3 instead of the xbox ones and use the component connections instead. Problem solved :)

Advertisement