Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oakleys - Best price?

• 10-07-2010 6:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭

Anyone know the best place(cheapest) online to buy from?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Last year the UK Oakley website was cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

If you are in the RDF or PDF and have a military ID, you can register it on the Oakley standard issue site.

There is a discount for serving military personnel but the selection is limited!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭damo80

murph226 wrote: »
    If you are in the RDF or PDF and have a military ID, you can register it on the Oakley standard issue site.

There is a discount for serving military personnel but the selection is limited!

would you have a link Murph. tried the site but no joy in finding the correct section

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

mloc123 wrote: »
    Anyone know the best place(cheapest) online to buy from?

You should try Smartbuysunglasses.ie
    www.steptoes.co.uk

i have found these to be good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭damo80

murph226 wrote: »

cheers, thanks for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

www.cyclestore.co.uk have good prices on Oakley glasses atm.

Just bought a pair of split jackets,couldn't find a better price online when you incl p+p costs.

www.cyclestore.co.uk have good prices on Oakley glasses atm.

Just bought a pair of split jackets,couldn't find a better price online when you incl p+p costs.

Looks like the cheapest alright, what was p+p on them do you know?

mloc123 wrote: »
    Looks like the cheapest alright, what was p+p on them do you know?

Just checked invoice, £7

I think I had £3 in mind when I posted. I was looking at so many different sites for different things that day.

What model are you looking at?

• Advertisement

Just checked invoice, £7

I think I had £3 in mind when I posted. I was looking at so many different sites for different things that day.

What model are you looking at?

Cheers, I might go ahead and order today. Looking at Radar pitch... possibly vented lenses.

Hopefully you won't get an e-mail 2 days later saying the glasses are out of stock. That's what I got today,the search starts again.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭fiacha

Hopefully you won't get an e-mail 2 days later saying the glasses are out of stock. That's what I got today,the search starts again.:(

£96 plus £5 postage I think. Never shopped with them before so I don't know what the service is like.

Here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

is it possible to get prescription lenses online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

uberwolf wrote: »
    is it possible to get prescription lenses online?

yes you can!!.

http://www.steptoes.co.uk/oakley-sunglasses.ghtml

great shop lots of frames and lenses to choose from and you can fill in your prescription etcc.

i have not used it as i bought regular ones for now as spending money on new bike, but they are next on the list! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I've been looking for RX lenses myself lately (so much so that I'll be selling a couple of non RX pairs to fund it!), and found the following 3 sites -worth a look along with the other one posted above!

sportsshadesonline
    extreme-eyewear
    theinternetopticians

Not ordered from the above so don't know how good they are -yet :)

I'll let you know what theinternetopticians are like. Found they have Split jackets in stock so stuck in an order earlier.

@fiacha Cheers for the link but they don't seem to have ones I'm after.

@Tiny Very impressed with the service from the internet opticians. Fast shipping with tracking number provided.

Advertisement