Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Think I make girls nervous..

• 10-07-2010 7:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Yup, right there in the title.

Been going on for a while, but whatever it is about me, I think I'm making them nervous.
    I'm not sure if some girls like it cause they find it exciting - sorry, I know some girls like it for this reason.

Others get very defensive and stand-offish with me.

I have no idea what it is about me and only really realized it last night when I met this girl and she told me I made her nervous..

But thinking about it, it explains some things about the way girls, or people, react to me sometimes that I never understood before.
    I thought it was cause people were just naturally resentful or something, so they take that attitude - but now I'm thinking - maybe it's like a defensive thing?

How do you react around someone who's being normal, but makes you nervous anyway??

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Do you want actual advice on the issue, or do you want to hear how other people act?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Em, yeah I guess both.

How do other people act?
    If you met someone who made you nervous, but they were being a nice person and you knew it, but something about them made you nervous anyway - how would you act?
    (Real world, not some ideological fantasy place where everything is perfect)

Edit: What is it about someone that would make you nervous??

And why would you act this way.
    Bitchiness as a defense mechanism (applies to the guys also).

Advice?
    I'm not sure about advice. In a weird sort of way - I mean, say with some girls who have a natural disposition to being inordinately bitchy - probably the type that get hit on all the time and are a little haughty - making them nervous is something they seem to enjoy, so it's a positive thing in a way.

Just say, over the last couple of weeks, I've met a couple of girls and with one, we got on great up until a certain point in the conversation, and then it was pretty awkward, and then she got sort of dismissive or something, and then we parted company on a fairly sour note.
    I can give plenty more examples if it'll give more insight??

Well, quite frankly, you're the one posting for advice, so I don't think people posting anecdotes themselves will help.

What did you say to these women right before they became nervous?

If you can isolate that, then perhaps you will find out why you are making them nervous and work on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Silverfish wrote: »
    Well, quite frankly, you're the one posting for advice, so I don't think people posting anecdotes themselves will help.

What did you say to these women right before they became nervous?

If you can isolate that, then perhaps you will find out why you are making them nervous and work on that.

Nah, not something I necessarily say directly, as such.

Just me.

With the above example, I met that girl and we were talking, and blah blah blah.
    And then she asked me where I was from.
    I told her I was from the UK, just cause it's easier to pronounce that Ireland really.. I dunno..

And she didn't reply. There was like, a lull in the conversation.
    And it went down hill after that.

But I'm not looking for advice on that.

I guess what I'm thinking is - it's something I've just realized.
    I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing, cause it can be used as a defense mechanism as such - you know, I don't like to think that "everyone is out to get me" or anything, but it is true that this is the real world and some people just try to undermine others for, from what I can see, is either jealousy/resentment/or no real particular reason.

It's just I'm trying to determine what it is about me that makes people nervous.
    I'm not a massive strong intimidating guy, I don't think.
    I'm actually quite quiet by nature..
    I dunno.

And thus, by understanding that, perhaps I will have a better idea of how to use it positively as oppose to my detriment, so situations like the above will unfold in a more productive and pleasant manner.

I guess I'm posting here just to talk about it as such. To get peoples views - be they anecdotes or opinions or whatever.
    Just for that perspective, I think it will help obtain a greater clarity of the situation and a better clarity of mind for myself.

Okay Jake, that's not what PI is for.

We won't be approving any more of your threads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Jake you and your other accounts are currently site banned, no more of your posts will be approved. If you abuse the unreg function again to disparage any of the team of PI mods I will refer the matter to the admins for further action.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement