Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pa Pa Thai

• 10-07-2010 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭

What is there take away like, any recommendations on the menu?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

well i can actually answer this now myself, just ordered a takeaway for with a starter for 25 euro and it was absolute muck, really poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

well i can actually answer this now myself, just ordered a takeaway for with a starter for 25 euro and it was absolute muck, really poor

Mother Effin Truth 7:50 for a soup !!!

U would only find that price Spagos in LA.

Biggest rip off in the city by a long shot !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I go to Sabai myself and am always happy with it even though it is on the expensive side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

My friends and I went to Sabai a while back, never again, it was bad.

I have heard it's dropped allot in the sit downs. Pity, I used to LOVE tuk tuk thai back when they were over by the park

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

Where is Sabai lads?
    and is pa pa thai not the same place as tuk tuk thai?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ms MEL

Sabai is down on the Mall, near to House of Waterford Crystal. It is YUM and they do a great deal on early birds. They have a tasting menu aswell, €30 per person for four courses. Well worth trying it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭rayc

gobo99 wrote: »
    Where is Sabai lads?
    and is pa pa thai not the same place as tuk tuk thai?

Pa Pa Thai went into the building that Tuk Tuk (now Sabai) was in before they moved to the mall. I have to say I've always found Sabai great, never had any problem with the food there. Also while they're full-price sit down might be a tad expensive, the take away is great value.

rayc wrote: »
    Pa Pa Thai went into the building that Tuk Tuk (now Sabai) was in before they moved to the mall. I have to say I've always found Sabai great, never had any problem with the food there. Also while they're full-price sit down might be a tad expensive, the take away is great value.

I Disagree,

Yes the take away menu is top notch (I'm very partial to a duck curry) but compared to a chinese if you are buying for 4 or 6 it comes in a fair bit dearer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭rayc

ziedth wrote: »
    I Disagree,

Yes the take away menu is top notch (I'm very partial to a duck curry) but compared to a chinese if you are buying for 4 or 6 it comes in a fair bit dearer.

Really? I always found that I pay less than a tenner though, the portions are very generous and the food is great. I actually find I probably pay a little more for a chinese typically... (maybe that's just coz I always get the noodle dishes in Sabai, which are probably cheaper than chinese dishes + rice)

• Advertisement
Advertisement