Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

psp-ps2-wii softmod

Options
  • 10-07-2010 8:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

could use any good info on the 3

im going to install custom firmware on psp but not sure what to do after...........

i want to softmod the wii so i can lod from sd but i was getting the wifi on it the other day and accidentally updated so think i cant do that for a while unless i have a certain game.....zeld or indiana jones i think......

for the ps2 id like info on the independence exploit .....or any softmod similar..........and is there a way to do it without having a cheatengine disc to copy info from mem card to flsh drive

also any good new tutorial links or general dvice/info welcome............im just tryin to soak in enough info that i dont brick somthing as their not my stuff im modding

thanks in advance .............:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I used this guide to softmod the wii a couple of weeks ago. It had the latest updates at the time.

Edit: link removed. Lots of guides out there if you use Google.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭sengoku

Concerning the PS2

You can install the independence exploit with an "007 Agent Under Fire" Disc. But I think it involves committing a crime? Google for it!

Alternatively, I have a cheat disc that could be used to install the exploit if you would like a loan of it? Just PM me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

denballs wrote: »
    could use any good info on the 3

im going to install custom firmware on psp but not sure what to do after...........

i want to softmod the wii so i can lod from sd but i was getting the wifi on it the other day and accidentally updated so think i cant do that for a while unless i have a certain game.....zeld or indiana jones i think......

for the ps2 id like info on the independence exploit .....or any softmod similar..........and is there a way to do it without having a cheatengine disc to copy info from mem card to flsh drive

also any good new tutorial links or general dvice/info welcome............im just tryin to soak in enough info that i dont brick somthing as their not my stuff im modding

thanks in advance .............:D

Once CFW is installed on the PSP, there are plenty of emulators to begin looking at. Obviously the newer systems are not emulated given the PSPs' horsepower, but I think it does up to CPS2 stuff pretty ok.

The Wii exploit your referring to, is the Twilight hack. Uses a savegame exploit on Zelda - Twilight Princess. This exploit is ANCIENT these days, but there is a modern, very simple to install/use exploit freely available which will do what you want. 4.2E is the latest european firmware I think, which the exploit DOES work with.

The PS2 exploit again is also easy. I wasted a lot of time messing around with various demo disks/games which were purported to have the required files. I never got it working once, until I just bit the bullet and used the game the guides mention (007 game), and once I used that it worked first time, perfectly. You can also use swapmagic discs etc, but I remember at the time these were dearer than the game (4 euro on ebay). There is NO way to softmod the PS2 without that method, unless your mate has an already modded PS2.

My advice to you is take one system at a time. Start with the PS2, as you cant screw it up, and work from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Yeh, PS2 is easy enough, I made up a multi-version memory card, now I just need to buy a few cards in bulk and I'll be selling them as plug n play modchips. Won't be much more (if not the same as DIY) and saves any hassle. Just pull it out and you're back to stock.

I've deleted the OP's most recent post.

ABSOLOUTELY NO MORE POSTS ABOUT PLAYING PIRATED GAMES ON MODIFIED CONSOLES

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭denballs

sorry enternow....didnt realise .....thats a bit unfortunate.......we arent allowed to mention anything portaining to illegal downloads......even theoretically.....hmm.that somewat lessons the usefullness of the section.......well anyway

im switching from m33-6 to gen-d then tom prometheus custom firmware on my psp........hopefully i wont brick it......still trying to find a shop in dublin city centre with a cheat engine disc for ps2........game........gamestop.......and even a shop on talbot street that sells old games had none and argos has stopped stocking them......i guess ill have to go with the 007 game.......:(

sorry enternow....didnt realise .....thats a bit unfortunate.......we arent allowed to mention anything portaining to illegal downloads......even theoretically

Thats right we arn't allowed discuss piracy here, sorry if that disappoints you denballs, but those are the rules. And if I'm honest, there was nothing "theoretical" about the deleted post - asking for help on how to run pirated software is a no-no here.

Console Modification isn't just about running stolen software, there are many other aspects of modding which we discuss here. Emulation, media, technical enhancements, controllers.....the list goes on. Please dont comment on the usefulness of the forum, just because your having an issue running pirated software - purchase the game & support its developers, thats useful.

Back on topic, I cant see you getting a PS2 disc from a retail outlet denballs, have you had a look on adverts.ie? You get a fair amount of retro/older stuff passing through there so somebody might have what you need. Also ebay etc if your really stuck, let us know how your getting on :)

oh im not having any problems at all as far as the psp goes...............gen-d seems to be the best firmware...........though i hear theres somthing called prometheus thats newer..............im getting bored with the psp now though...........i might try the wii soon if i can find an easy softmod.......

anyone know were i can get cheap sd card memory.....{for my wii and psp}?

Mod Note - POST EDITED

Denballs - I've edited out yet another question related to piracy in your last post. Anymore discussion of running downloaded/copied or otherwise pirated material will earn you a month off.

CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED.

lol.......i didnt think there was anything edit worthy in there.....sorry.....i stil dont get why you,d mod anything for any other reason though.......like.........could you give an example of somthing you,ve modded.....why you modded it that has,nt got anything to do with piracy...........im not trying to catch you out or anything im genuinly curious......so i know what the section is for

• Advertisement

lol.......i didnt think there was anything edit worthy in there.....sorry.....i stil dont get why you,d mod anything for any other reason though.......like.........could you give an example of somthing you,ve modded.....why you modded it that has,nt got anything to do with piracy...........im not trying to catch you out or anything im genuinly curious......so i know what the section is for

Ok denballs, if your genuinely curious then I've no issues with explaining why I've edited your posts.

First off, from the forum charter:
    DO NOT POST ANYTHING IN RELATION TO BACKING UP/RIPPING GAMES. THIS INCLUDES WHERE/HOW OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO DOWNLOADING GAMES
    DO NOT LINK TO SITES THAT HAVE INFORMATION ON THE ABOVE

Now, although you didn't specifically mention downloading of games, I know for a fact PS1 discs will not fit in a PSP. Ok there is PSN, but why would you be interested in CFW if your a PSN user? I think it's pretty clear your not using your PSP on PSN. The only other way of running PS1 games via a PSP is by having them illegally - that means downloading or ripping. Thats the first breach of the charter on your behalf.

Secondly, you made two requests asking if users about certain problems, in two different posts. One was if anyone had trouble running a certain game you couldn't get running (if via PSN there wouldn't be an issue), and the other request related to discussing PSPLoaders, in order to boot PS1 games. This again, is in breach of our charter. So there are a few examples of my moderation, but they DID relate to piracy denballs.

I'm not getting on your back here, most PSP users on this forum will have CFW installed, myslef included. But we don't discuss the ins & outs of what goes on. There are ways of asking certain questions, and ways not to.Those are just the rules, the guys all stick to them, I learned to stick by them as a new user, so have a proper skim over the charter, familiarize yourself with it, and we can all be on the same page. I'd rather not be editing users posts here denballs, I don't like having to do it and in most cases there isn't a need.

To summarise, I've edited certain posts because either directly or indirectly they have related to illegal activitys, which this forum nor boards' can do with the attention that comes from a discussion of that nature. If you have any questions further, please feel free to pm me to talk.

On topic - have you managed to get your hands on a PS2 cheat disc yet?

ok.......i understand now........and no....no disc yet......havent really been looking too hard though....ive been busy.......been looking into how to overclock a pc..........i have a 5 year old desktop and its not exactly useful these days as it barely runs with any modern games.......i dont use it as i have a supped up laptop but i was going to give it to my brother but im not giving it to him if its slow as he knows nothing about computers and will only moan at me non stop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭sengoku

sengoku wrote: »
    I have a cheat disc that could be used to install the exploit if you would like a loan of it? Just PM me!

I am now retracting this offer.

Advertisement