Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hooray we've had sunshine

Options
  • 10-07-2010 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭

:D
    yes its true after an abscence of 2 days the sun had made an appearance. well kind off its behind white clouds but better than nothing.
    and dont forget as well as rain to grow plants also need a certain amount of sunlight to photosynthesise. so how about we all start hoping for a long sunny dry spell?
    i mean all this rainy weather must be boring ye by now:P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭sineadgalway

lasted for about 10 mins in limerick and then the heaviest shower of the day hit :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

km79 wrote: »
    :D
    yes its true after an abscence of 2 days the sun had made an appearance. well kind off its behind white clouds but better than nothing.
    and dont forget as well as rain to grow plants also need a certain amount of sunlight to photosynthesise. so how about we all start hoping for a long sunny dry spell?
    i mean all this rainy weather must be boring ye by now:P

Give the rain another few days, then sun for a few weeks!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Give the rain another few days, then sun for a few weeks!!!

I hope this includes warm temps and no wind.

owenc wrote: »
    I hope this includes warm temps and no wind.

Hopefully lots of wind over the next few days, then the calm!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

bit breezy but delighted with the bit of sun

• Advertisement

Haha i have wall to wall sunshine here, and its going to be 3c tonight!! OMG i can't wait, to feel that again it feels great!! I love winter... *sigh*

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Was a beautiful day here, nice cooling light breeze. But of course the grey clouds filling the sky now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

No sunshine in Dublin today. It's been cool and a bit drizzly. Possibly the coolest day since April!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

yeah no sun in leixlip either, chilly enough too!

df1985 wrote: »
    yeah no sun in leixlip either, chilly enough too!

Haha thats what you are getting for stealing all those storms and i see a few members who were on bragging aren't on now! I wonder why...;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

I have to admit that there has been very little sun this month. Yesterday was about the sunniest day we had so far but even then is was more often than not tucked comfortably behind big blobs of cumulus humulis. A week long spell of constant sunshine and temps into the high 30's will be nice with some nice evening storms thown in too for effect.

I dream on...

owenc wrote: »
    Haha i have wall to wall sunshine here, and its going to be 3c tonight!! OMG i can't wait, to feel that again it feels great!! I love winter... *sigh*

I've been away for a week, but did it actually get to 3 degrees???

I've been away for a week, but did it actually get to 3 degrees???

Yes i actually got a little bit lower at 2c and castlederg which is an official weather station got to 2.5c. Whats the record?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

I got 1c a few nights ago

Advertisement