Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I've no idea what i'm doing, help me choose a bike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭HappyHarry

Specialized Allez Sport and Trek 1.2 look nice to me.

Do you want a compact or touring groupset (double or triple chainring)?

What about a Cube or Lapierre?
    Cube Aerial

Lapierre Audacio 200

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

You've picked out the obvious contenders. Just take them all for a test ride and see which one you like. There is also the Felt Z100 to add to the list. If you use the search function you should find alot of people had a similar dilemna.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

I have a Trek 1.2 and it has yet to let me down, of those mentioned above I would go with the Specialized, just cos I like the look of it and the rear derailer is of a higher spec, course there's always Bianchi (I know some dont like them but imo THE best looking bikes:D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

i think that Giant defy 3 is the wrong colour on the site

we have the defy 4 and its that colour

the 3 is yellow and silver afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

I have a felt f95 myself, its the older model, upgrading to ultegra drivetrain now. Fine frame. I would however not recommend any of the above and recommene this instead. Its got a 105, tiarga drivetrain, which is far better than any of the above. Definely what i'd go for now myself, just read this review. You want at least tiagra shifters (the shifter and rear derailleur being too of the more important aspects of a bike, together with frame and wheels), which none of these have.

The shimano range goes in this order, one being the best.
    1. Dura Ace
    2. Ultegra
    3. 105
    4. Tiagra
    5. Sora
    6. 2200 / 2300

Based on that the boardman is by far the best value boke in its range (par possibly plant x bike - online only-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement