Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with a phone choice.

Options
  • 10-07-2010 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

I'm not a big expert on phones so I need advice about which phone I should get. I generally keep my phone for as long as it lasts, the longest was about 3 years. I have the LG KS360 for about 8 months and I think it's time to change to a better one as I'm sick of it switching itself off!

I'm with Meteor and would like to stay. I generally use my phone for texting, checking my emails online every few hours and the alarm clock. They are the only things that needs to be on the phone. The thing is with the phone I have now, I really like the sliding keyboard and would like another one (hopefully free from annoying problems) that is similar. But I'm looking for opinions on the touch screen phones too. I was looking at the online store and I would like to know some other users opinions on the phones i.e. problems with them and if they are suitable for the above uses.

Samsung Ping Touch
    Samsung Tocco Lite
    Nokia 5230

Or is there any phone (even if it's on a different phone provider) you would recommend.
    Price-wise, I usually say under €200 for a phone.
    I'm pay as you go also.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭chillin_penguin

Stay they hell away from the ping and the ping and tocco lite.

Nokia 6760 is a pretty good phone and the battery life on it is also very good.

Why not look at the LG optimus?? Its 144.99 on meteor and is a Android phone so you can enjoy apps like on a iphone and it has a QWERTY keypad when you tilt the phone to the side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Blushingblue

A friend of my has the Ping and recommended it to me in the first place, is it slow at functioning or is there something about it?
    After having the LG phone I have now, I don't think I could go for another one.

Going in and checking if the store tomorrow as the Nokia 6760 is sold out online. I like Nokia phones as they have lasted the longest out of all the makes I've had, so it will probably be my first choice.

What are the QWERTY buttons like on the E63, are they really small as they are so close together?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Advertisement