Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My first road bike.

• 10-07-2010 9:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

Evening all,

I currently am riding a singlespeed but am finding it a bit limiting. I want to get myself a road bike so I can get out for longer spins. I dont have huge money to spend but want to get a bike that will last me a few years.

I am considering this Bianchi. Is there anything else you might recommend for about the same money?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Would be great to hear if anyone has an opinion on this as will be buying in the next few day's.
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭SubLuminal

Looks good to me, love bianchi's.

Buy pedals. It won't come with any..

Good luck! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭nomadic

yea go for it. Beautiful bike. You could probably get something better value but it wouldn't be as nice and we all know that that's the most important thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Hyperlite

nice bike. depends on how much cycling you want to do. Full Carbon wouldn't be the best for everyday use. Carbon has only been popular in the last 2/3 years. I know of someone who bought a full carbon 2 years ago and he has stress cracks on some of the bikes joints due to our fantastic road conditions!! Alum frame and carbon front end could be best option for everyday use...

SubLuminal wrote: »
    Buy pedals. It won't come with any..

Am good for pedals, thanks.
    nomadic wrote: »
    yea go for it. Beautiful bike. You could probably get something better value but it wouldn't be as nice and we all know that that's the most important thing.
    Hi Nomadic,
    Any suggestions as to better value bikes?
    Hyperlite wrote: »
    nice bike. depends on how much cycling you want to do. Full Carbon wouldn't be the best for everyday use. Carbon has only been popular in the last 2/3 years. I know of someone who bought a full carbon 2 years ago and he has stress cracks on some of the bikes joints due to our fantastic road conditions!! Alum frame and carbon front end could be best option for everyday use...

Hyperlite, will be used as weekend bike. ope to build up to 150km spins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Any shops in Dublin have bianchi stock to see them in the flesh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

BostonB wrote: »
    Any shops in Dublin have bianchi stock to see them in the flesh?
    bike to work on marys abbey dublin 1. follow the luas line through capel street and they are on your left. i would recommend a boardman as better value, only halfords do them, but dont let that put you off, they are a great bike and fantastic value. I would second not going full carbon if its for everyday use on roads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Pity the boardman isn't more colourful.

How long is that shop there? Didn't know there was a bike shop there.

it is. but i do quite like the all black (comp and carbon). the kit on them is amazing for the price. you must remember you cant see much of the frame when you cycling (but of course looks are important, it was the sole basis of my bike purchase!- but in hindsight i would go with the boardman).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Hyperlite wrote: »
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with full carbon for everyday use. Your friend was unlucky and the frame should be replaced under warranty. Aluminium also suffers stress fractures and I certainly know people who have snapped aluminium frames.

@OP- personally I would get a Planet X or a Boardman around that money. But if your heart is set on the Bianchi I am sure it will serve you well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭juansheet

Hi All

Would greatly appreciate the forums opinion on this bike. A novice & looking to buy my first road bike

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_759101_langId_-1_categoryId_212536#dtab

juansheet wrote: »
    Hi All

Would greatly appreciate the forums opinion on this bike. A novice & looking to buy my first road bike

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_759101_langId_-1_categoryId_212536#dtab

if its through the btw scheme, try spend more. if not buy a second hand bike. would not recommend this one.

blorg wrote: »
    @OP- personally I would get a Planet X.

Thanks for reply's all....

Blorg, what Planet X might you suggest?

Thanks.

snollup wrote: »
    Blorg, what Planet X might you suggest?

This one for the same money (slightly less.)

blorg wrote: »
    This one for the same money (slightly less.)

I had considered this but availability is limited, large only available in pink. Not sure if I would be man enough for it!

snollup wrote: »
    I had considered this but availability is limited, large only available in pink. Not sure if I would be man enough for it!
    This one then they have in black. You could email and ask if black is coming back on the Ultegra one.

Advertisement