Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Call out Doctor?

• 10-07-2010 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

Hello all.
    First time poter here!
    Have a lil moped since november last but it hasnt started in about 4 weeks now.Stuck in a new battery and petrol etc but just about dry coughs?
    Is there any company/individual in the Dublin area that would call out and fix on site or even take away to fix?Really missing out bipping around on these long evenings!
    Any info much apreciated.
    Al.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

What insurance do you have? Quinn & AON both offer breakdown assistance on their policies. You could just ring the emergency number and they'll send someone out. If it can't be fixed in situ they'll take it to a garage for you. After that the charges are on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Alicano

I have breakdown cover with Aon but is that not for 'realtime' side of the road stuff?
    My moped is in my underground carpark. was away for a good bit plus nasty weather left it sitting for too long?
    Would Aon not tell me to go and sh1te if I rang them? I'm not that good of an actor!
    Thanks for the reply.
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Alicano wrote: »
    Hello all.
    First time poter here!
    Have a lil moped since november last but it hasnt started in about 4 weeks now.Stuck in a new battery and petrol etc but just about dry coughs?
    Is there any company/individual in the Dublin area that would call out and fix on site or even take away to fix?Really missing out bipping around on these long evenings!
    Any info much apreciated.
    Al.
    Change the plug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Alicano wrote: »
    I have breakdown cover with Aon but is that not for 'realtime' side of the road stuff?
    My moped is in my underground carpark. was away for a good bit plus nasty weather left it sitting for too long?
    Would Aon not tell me to go and sh1te if I rang them? I'm not that good of an actor!
    Thanks for the reply.
    Al

If you're worried about that then just wheel it down the road and ring them saying you've broken down. They won't get too pedantic about it. I done it once. Majesty 125 wouldn't start so i rang them(was with AON at the time) and they sent a van out to the house. Ended up being taken to a garage to be fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

lord lucan wrote: »
    If you're worried about that then just wheel it down the road and ring them saying you've broken down. They won't get too pedantic about it. I done it once. Majesty 125 wouldn't start so i rang them(was with AON at the time) and they sent a van out to the house. Ended up being taken to a garage to be fixed.

I done the same with the AA, pushed the bike a down the road a bit to a friend's house, then rang and told them I got a punture whilst out visiting friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭judas1369

Tigger wrote: »
    Change the plug

What he said-change the plug. No Spark= No Go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

What make of scooter is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Alicano

Thanks for all the advise fellas.
    Rang Aon yesterday. Called out and fixed onsite within the hour.
    Delighted. Should have done that weeks ago. Lesson learned.
    No prob at all that bike was in my car park.
    Anyhow I'm back in the game. Alot of practising to catch up on.
    Thanks again for the assistance. Look forward to posting again in here whever it is I know what your all talking about!:)

Advertisement